I stayed up till the wee hours to see the election details on CNN...I finally saw Obama's victory speech, and it was very inspiring! You can see it at :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqoFwZUp5vc I am sure that many people saw it already more than once, but I wanted to put it in my blog.
It really gave me the hope that America was on the road to recovery, and his words "We can do it!" made me so proud to be an American. I didn't get that much sleep here in Dunfanaghy, because of the time difference between America and Ireland,but I thought it important to watch CNN, as my country was making history. I am sure that many people all over the world were watching it with great anticipation.
I really feel that this is a new era of change, and it is always nice to have the person that you voted for win the election, but we now have to come together as a country and all support our new president, so we can get our country moving forward. It was incredible watching Americans waiting in lines for hours and hours to vote, and our ideals of democracy shone through. I am lucky to be able to vote both in the American and Irish elections. I do in a sense have the best of both worlds. However, I do have to admit that I would have enjoyed going through the process in my hometown of Philadelphia, and I would have been proud to be directly part of such an important event, but my vote from Ireland was at least my way of being part of an historical American election where America elected their first African American President.
4 comments:
It truly was history in the making last night...our Canadian eyeballs were glued to CNN too.
I watched part of it on Sky News last night and Obama's speech this morning. He was very impressive as he has been throughout the campaign. Lets hope that he does make the difference that he appears to be promising, the world could surely do with it.
Hello,
We too are so happy bout our new President. Love all your new things you have done.
Maggey
Yes, it was truly a wonderful day for our country. His speech was indeed inspiring. I can only believe that things can get better as they can hardly be worse. This election will certainly go down in history and hopefully bring us all together. It was great seeing the long lines outside the buildings here where the voting took place.
Post a Comment