Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Friend and Being a Glutton for Punishment

I have been in contact with Christina Henri, who is in charge of that Irish Convict Program, and she is coming to Ireland in September before her big visit in 2010. I look forward to meeting her, as I have a great deal of respect for what she did with the Irish convicts. Hopefully, we will meet in Dublin, which is a wonderful city.

I am so busy with getting ready for XMAS! I am trying to make our home cozy and cheery for the holidays. I found Denver Fabrics on line which you can see at http://www.denverfabrics.com/ . I am ordering some medium weight velvet fabric for two more pillows that I want to make for the living room sofa. I will post the pics of the fabric when I decide on the colours. I want to do machine embroidery again, so being that it is velvet, I will have to use the solvy on top and the tearway in the hoop, and be ever so careful pulling the tearaway and solvy off afterwards, as I can't wet the velvet, so the stitching turns out well. I must be a glutton for punshment, if I am choosing silk and velvet to work with, as both of them are difficult fabrics to sew and embroider with, as my friend Mary in Australia warned me.LOL I am choosing the medium weight, as I have two dogs...need I say more? It should turn out lovely though...if I survive the process.

I am still waiting for the Christmas House blocks to arrive...they should come on Monday or Tuesday as Nanette sent them out a week ago...The additional fabric that I ordered will arrive next week too, so I can work on the quilt. It will be so cute!

I also ordered fabric for the two other stockings I have to make....well that is enough to do before the holidays. Sewing has been cathartic for me during the last few days...I can tell you that it has been making the time go so quickly.

I will post pics as the work progresses. I hope everyone is having fun preparing for the holidays.

No comments: