Monday, November 17, 2008

More Arrivals






I received three siggies in the mail: Helen Clark, who is from Michigan, made me a lovely hand embroidered centre block, Anna Marie Rossi from Italy who made the cutest dog in her centre block, and Gracia Moro from Italy also, who stamped an angel in her centre block. Thank you all so much!
I also got a lovely Christmas block from Susan ,who is in my Sylvia Bridal Sampler Friendship group, which will be part of the double sized quilt that I will be making from all of them. Thank you too!
I was excited, because I got Carol Doak's latest book on making vests, and her dvd that went along with it, and the foundation paper. I will be ordering some lovely fabric to make my first vest. I love the idea of watching the dvd and making the vest along with Carol. She is always so through and funny. You can see everything at http://www.caroldoak.com/



4 comments:

Pam said...

I love the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. I have seen a few of them finished and they are such pretty quilts. I think doing it as a friendship quilt is a great idea. I put it on my "to do" list but I must finish my Dear Jane first - so that means I will never make one -LOL

Maggi said...

These are lovely but what exactly are siggies? I love your playlist, every time I view your blog I am greeted with something I like!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt...should be grand...Dzintra

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Has the mailman said anything more lately about all the mail he gets to deliver to you??

The Sylvia Bridal Sampler and the Dear Jane are 2 quilts on my list to make someday, I love samplers!