It took me two days to create my silk dupioni pillow. I did the machine embroidery on the front fabric first. I had to use vilene on the top and back of the fabric and then hooped the vilene only and carefully pinned the vilene and silk to the hoop. After stitching the design, I had to rinse out the Vilene and of course wait for it to dry. I used Vilene on both sides, as the silk fabric is very delicate. Then I made the rest of the pillow using red and blue silk dupioni. I put it on a lovely rocking chair that we bought here in Ireland. I am really happy with the results!
4 comments:
What a beautiful pillow Micki. There is nothing like the feel of silk as far as I am concerned but it is difficult to work with at times.
Hello,
You did a beautiful job on that pillow.. The rose is lovely, and the colors really brighten the chair..That is a nice chair too..
Hugs
Maggey
How beautiful, and the colours are just stunning...silk is a lovely fabric...Hugs Dzintra
Very, very pretty Micki and it looks perfect on the rocking chair. Silk is always so beautiful but I personally seem to have a problem with it. I think I lose my patience when working with silk.
Post a Comment