Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two Siggies From the United States


I received two lovely siggies today. One was from Kerry who lives in Washington state. She collects teapots, and so she has a teapot stamp that she uses for her centre block. How cute is that! She also used fabric in my favorite colour of pink. She told me that she is hooked on exchanging siggies, and I can well understand that feeling. I also received a beautiful siggy block from Terry in Indiana, who also gave me a pink siggy. She told me of her love of quilting, and that she is making a Dear Jane quilt, and thus the sewing machine stamp. I love to see what stamps people have used. I will have to get a new stamp soon, and I am thinking of having a stamp that has the ocean and the hills. Now, that's an idea!

I can't begin to tell you how happy I have been with my decision to join Annelies' International Siggy Swap, and meeting all these wonderful quilters has been the real bonus. I keep all the letters, and have them in a very special box, and also there within the box, are all the siggies wrapped lovingly in a plastic folder, waiting to be sewn into a quilt.

Thank you for lovely siggies, and one day, I will indeed have a very special quilt that I will treasure forever.

Happy Sewing to Both of you!
Micki

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you plan to sew them together?

Cattinka said...

It is nice to see your collection grow. Thanks for sharing the siggie pictures.
KATRIN W.

ceecee said...

Well Micki - I don't have any idea about Siggies but as I was scrolling down I thought, "Well I do know who that bearded guy is!"
Popping in to say "Hi!" Hope things are good on the Emerald Isle.
Catherine

Natalija said...

Lovely colors :)I am anxious to see more.

Carol said...

The siggies look gorgeous. I collected signature squares way back in 1999 for a millennium challenge and I have a wonderful quilt and memory book to look at. I collected siggies from all over the world and every US state - it was fun.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Those siggie blocks look great...and I did pop over to Maggies blog.Thanks for sharing her info.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki...that collection must be growing...they are wonderful, Dzintra

Dionne said...

What a fun swap! I've joined so, so many swaps but never a siggie swap. I can't wait to see how they all come together. I hope you show pics when you get that far!
Cheers,
Dionne