Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Lovely Anniversary Surprise and Dogtooth Borders





Last night at the bee, I made the four dogtooth borders for my Thimbleberry quilt, which will be used to border the quilt center section. I have one of them in the pic. At the bee, I found out that the fabric arrived at Pauline's Shop which I needed for the side and corner triangles for assembling the quilt top, so I am heading to the shop tomorrow as soon as the shop opens at 11 AM. I need to see how big the quilt is once I finish assembling the quilt, and then I can decide if one border will be enough. The quilt is a queen sized quilt, and our bed is a double sized bed, so I will have to improvise a bit.I am going to be very excited when it it is all put together.

Today, was an incredible day! Joe and I went to Letterkenny on the 8AM bus, as I needed to do some shopping prior to our usual food shopping at the supermarket. I went to Spears to get some buttons, to Donegal Statinery Store to get some tracing paper for cutting out the vest patterns, and then finally to Eason's Books to get the second book of the Twilight Series. called New Moon. I am really enjoying the series so far, and have my friend Dzintra to thank for getting me onto Twilight Series, written by Stephenie Meyer. Even though the first book Twilight has almost 600 pages, it really didn't take me long to read it, as I really loved it. It irresistably combined romance and suspense with a supernatural twist...The twist being that it is about vampires. If you want to look it up, go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/, and you will meet the author and her books.

Anyways, back to why the day was incredible....Besides having the usual great day with Joe, we came home at around 2 PM to a wonderful surprise . Joe got the mail, and said," There's a letter addressed to both of us." I was a bit taken back, because that rarely happens. Most of the mail comes to me as far as siggies, swaps, etc, and the bills are all addressed to him. Well, I opened the large envelope and there was a lovely felted hanging and homemade card from my March Star Maggi. It was a surprise gift for our anniversary, which is on Saturday. Joe was really taken aback, I have to admit, and he was very touched by what Maggi had done for us. I, needless to say, was so happy! Maggi, thank you so much for being such a good friend, and for taking the time to make this lovely gift for both of us. It is our 12th anniversary, and this was a lovely way to begin our celebration. We will be going to a Chinese Restaurant in Creeslough , which is our favorite eating spot, as it has wonderful food, a great atmosphere, and the loveliest scenery surrounding the restaurant that you can imagine, but this by far was just magical.
Thank you so much Maggi, for making our anniversary so special!

9 comments:

Vicki H. said...

The borders look so complicated but lovely. Happy Anniversary to you! We spent our anniversary date at a hockey game-- a week later but had fun.
By the way, love the Moon River song on your play list because Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies. I am waiting for the Quiet Man to play here soon, another fav of mine. Love the old movies.

Lurline said...

How lovely to receive a gift you love on your Anniversary - great timing! Happy anniversary!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Simone de Klerk said...

You've been doing a lot, besides sewing. And what a lovely gesture of Maggi, to send you both a card. Happy anniversary (O: Have a lovely day!

Cattinka said...

I like your dogtooth border, you sewed it so accurate!
I hope you two will have a nice day on your 12th anniversary!
Hugs
KATRIN W.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary.. enjoy your day

Maggi said...

So glad you liked the hanging. I had wanted to get my embellisher going again and so your anniversary seemed to be a good reason to begin. Have a wonderful day. Maggi

Kath said...

Wow, your triangles are so accurate! I love the card Maggi made, how very thoughtful. Have a truly lovely day, with many happy returns! I know thats what they say about birthdays, but I want you both to have a long and happy life together, with many more anniversaries! Kath x

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...so pleased you enjoyed the book...I think Breaking Dawn might even be thicker but just as quick to read!!! And how very thoughtful of Maggi...Have a wonderful time at the Chinese Restaurant...and Happy Happy Anniversary to you both...Much Love to you both, Dzintra XX

andsewon said...

Very pretty border for that center block. Make a nice wall hanging with just those! Oh what an awesome gift to receive as a surprise for you both to remember this special day!!Wishing you both a delighful supper and many more happy years together!!
Hugs,
Lola