Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mother's Day in Ireland









Yes, it is Mother's Day in Ireland. I still have to get used to Mother's Day being in March, when it was in May in the United States. I am still sick with a bad virus...a rotten cold, an annoying cough, and a temperature of 100 today. Of course, the temperature may be staying that way, as Joe always has that effect on me.LOL I woke up to a poem from my two doggies Rufus and Charlie. I had to share it with you, as it made me laugh, and feeling the way I do, I needed a good laugh. Anyway, here is the poem that I got:


A Poem What We Writ For the Best Mommy in the World

You feed us when we’re hungry,
You keep water in our dish.
You let us sleep on anything,
Or in any place we wish.

You sometimes let us lick your hands or even lick your face,
Despite the fact we’ve licked ourselves in every private place.

You taught us how to come when called,
You taught us how to sit,
You always let us go outside
So we can take a _ _ _ _.

You’ll always have our loyalty

Up to the bitter end,
‘cause after all, it’s plain to see…
You are us dogs best friend.

Love,
Rufus and Charlie



You can see why I was in hysterics when I got it. I just finished the book New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I was thrilled that Bella was back with Edward...I hope that you are reading this Dzintra, as I have a big smile on my face now. Joe has to go to Letterkenny tomorrow to pick up my medicine and he is buying me the last two books of the Twilight series Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I was so happy, as I would have gone into withdrawal if I couldn't continue to read the series. My friend Dzintra got me into it, and I am hooked, line and sinker.
I am writing this while Joe is napping, but when he wakes up, I will be a good girl sitting snuggled all cozy and warm in my lounge chair with a blanket on my lap.

Oh, I did finish my Thimbleberry top except for one last border. It is killing me that I can't finish it till I am better, as I am dying to post a pic of the top, but I will try to be a good girl....fat chance! LOL

Have a happy Sunday!

PS: The boys suggested to Joe to go to the local store and voila Eclipse was there, so I am happily beginning that book. Joe brought me flowers from the boys, so I am having a very good day indeed!

12 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Poor You! Hope you get better real soon. Love the poem that the boys wrote for you, good thing Joe got it down on paper for you! LOL

Hope Joe enjoyed his birthday, sounds like he did, watching rugby and Ireland winning too :^)

Take care of yourself and get better soon! That's an order :^)))

Kath said...

Sorry you are poorly Micki, but happy that you had a great day. Jim cooked a roast dinner for us! love Kath

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy Mothering Day to you. :-)

Hooray! You finished 'New Moon'! I want to re-read it, since I was so irritated at Bella and Edward being separated, that I skimmed the book, till reunion time. And I thus, don't have a good grounding in the 'Jacob' character.

Have you seen the film of 'Twilight'? A bunch of family saw it in the theater, and my husband just got it for me {on DVD} for my upcoming Birthday. The DVD was just released on Mar. 21.

They are making the film of 'New Moon' now. I want to resume following all the 'Twilight' related blogs on the Net. I hate to link you to lots of such sites, as many are based in this country. Where so many people have already read all the books and seen the film. And, I'd not want you to be spoiled, as to the plot of the last 2 books.

When you finish them, I'll
link-you-away, as much as you'd like. :-))) Another gal in Australia, is still reading the books too. I'll link her, then, also. :-)

Oh, and does your friend Dzintra, who got you into 'Twilight,' have a blog?

Aunt Amelia
"A Twilight Addict"!

Marie said...

Dear Girlfriend, Hope you are feeling Much better.I love the p oem really cute. The flowers and book made it a nice day for you. Hugs, Marie

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
I'm so sorry your feel lousy. Hope you are better soon.
Loved the poem. Got a good chuckle. Sounds like Joe is taking good care of you.
Hugs,
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Happy Mum's Day.. that poem was so nice and very funny.
Get well soon
((hugs))

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I had no idea Mother's Day was in March in Ireland Micki!! That would take some getting used to...Cool poems too!!! But wait till you get to Breaking Dawn...the story just 'took my breath away'...as they say, I'm sure you will just absolutely love it!!! Take Care...Hugs Dzintra

Cattinka said...

The poem was a great idea.
I hope you get better soon, so you can finish your project.
Bye
KATRIN W.

a good yarn said...

Let's hope you feel better and soon! What a hilarious poem from your puppies. Enjoy your new books.

Ann :)

FeatherDuster said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. How sweet of your dogs to write you poetry.

Maggi said...

Just love the poem.

Pam said...

Great poem -LOL

I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully I didn't give you my bug because it is a bad one!!

Take care and get well soon!