Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Neat Giveaway, Breakfast at Tiffany, and New York City




I had to post this giveaway that I found , which is at Indulge YourShelf. Here is the link to Laurie's blog and the giveaway :
http://indulgeyourshelf.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-breakfast-at-tiffanys-giveaway.html?showComment=1237448520000#c2892803205217110096 The giveaway involves the movie Breakfast at Tiffany, and I had to enter that one, as it involves getting a copy of the latest version of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany. I loved that movie, and I must have seen it a million times. As I grew up in Philadephia and my parents owned a fabric shop, my dad would go to New York at least twice a month and took me with him. Wasnt' I the lucky girl? He would drop me off at 5th Avenue, and I would have the whole day to do what I wanted in New York City. I went to Radio City Music Hall, F&O Schwartz, saw shows on Broadway, went to the incredible restaurants and delis, visited Ellis Island, and name it, I did it. I even won a trip to New York once by naming the right song on the radio, and part of it was to visit F&O Schwartz Toys and choose the toys that I wanted. That is another story and a half.One of the things that I had to do at least once, like Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany was to go to Tiffany, which needless to say sells very expensive jewelry and other items. I landed up buying a silver bookmark, as that is all that I could afford.Sound familiar? Boy, did it bring back memories when I read about that giveaway, and I had to enter. I will never forget the scene of the cat at the end of the movie. I always cried ! Anyways, hopefully I will win, but if not, I will have to get myself a copy of the movie, as I am dying to see it now.

Will I ever get back to New York City? Well, right now, we have two older dogs, as you all know named Rufus and Charlie that we rescued, so we will not be making any long trips for a while. I do want to see New York at least one more time, and then visit my hometown of Philadelphia and go back to the Dutch Country where Joe and I honeymooned.

8 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Micki, I just love the way you blog. You are telling the story of your life which was very interesting indeed. I have been to NY twich in my life the second time was on July 4th, 2001. Hence I made the quilt for 9/11. The picture is on my blog if you care to see it. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the prize - Natima

Anonymous said...

I do hope you win.. that would be so nice.
I've never been to NY.. I've been to just about every state except for NY and Main.. while visiting my son in VA he offered to take me but I was bone weary from my trip to see him and wouldn't dream of going any further.. Oh well, one of these days I might make it there.. I'd sure like to.

Natalija said...

Good luck, Micki :) I hope you win!

Simone de Klerk said...

Your story being dropped by you dad to visit New York frequently sounds great!
I hope you get the chance to visit it again. A tremendous city!
Good luck with your giveaway!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Wow, lucky you... New York City ...often! I so want to spend some time there.... it is on my bucket list. I have only flown in...and out...never spent any time there. Have a great weekend.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I didn't know there was a new version...I just got the old one for Christmas LOL!!! And how romantic to go back to where you and Joe honeymooned!!!

Laurie said...

Hi from Indulge Your Shelf (Laurie)! Thank you for blogging about/entering my "Breakfast at Tiffany's" giveaway, and good luck! I hope you'll continue on as a follower in the coming weeks and months - I'm glad to have you!

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Micki,
I hope that you are soon feeling better- there seems to be a plethora of colds and flu everywhere these days.
I remember the movie- I loved Audrey Hepburn movies- my grandparents took me to see My Fair Lady and I have the same attachment to that movie as you do for Breakfast at Tiffany's. I have only seen parts of B. at T- I will have to make a trip to the library to see if I can borrow it. What a nice memory from your childhood- I have never been to New York City perhaps one day- There is so much to see there- wonderful museums and historical places to visit.. May be one day - thanks for sharing..
I hope Joe has had a wonderful birthday.
Get well soon.
Regards.
Anna