Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Totally Immersed in The Twilight Series













As I already mentioned, I was given the thumbs up on The Twilight Series of books by my friend, Dzintra. I started the books before I was sick, but reading the series has been a godsend since I got the virus and bronchitis. I am totally immersed in the series. First of all, let me tell you a bit about the Twilight Series. There are four books in the series:

1. Twilight


2. New Moon


3. Eclipse


4. Breaking Dawn


The books were written by Stephanie Meyer, and they are wonderful fantasy novels which revolve around the romance between Bella and Edward( who is a vampire). As Shakespeare so aptly stated many a time: " Love burns high when thrwarted by obstacles." I won't tell you anything else, but they are wonderful star crossed lovers, and you will be as throughly absorbed in the story as I am. There are lines like: "Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands.Be very still, he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly never moving his eyes from mine, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat." The author writes beautifully, and the couple so reminded me of Heathcliffe and Cathy in Wuthering Heights. If you read it, you will see what I mean. The story keeps you captivated, and even though each one is close to 600 pages, I have finished three of them in a week's time. I will be starting the last one Breaking Dawn on Thursday when I buy it at Easons Bookstore. I can't wait to read it, as I am hearing that is the best of the whole series.

I can't say that I am surprised that I am reading books about vampires. I was into the television show Beauty and the Beast for many years and that became a cult in the United States. That starred Ron Perlmand and Linda Hamilton. It was the love story of Vincent and and Catherine . Vincent was the sensitive, cultured half lion, half man who loved Catherine, a crusading District Attorney Assistant whose life he had saved. I used to watch it every Friday night without fail. So it did not surprise me at all, that I fell in love with this series to the chagrin of my husband Joe. I am afraid that I have been ignoring him a bit as I have immersed myself in the books. I am addicted, so I am not to be blamed.LOL Anyways, I am a sucker for a good love story/adventure, as my life with my soulmate Joe has been a wonderful adventure too.

To my delight, they are making movies out of the books. They have already came out with the movie Twilight and you can see a trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDVlQPpVUA8. They also are making a movie for the second book New Moon.

Well, I hope that I have sparked your interest, as Dzintra did with me. You have to be a romantic at heart, and then once you have read a few pages, you will be hooked too.

7 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

hello micki,
sometimes I am so amazed bout how alike we are.. I was MAD about Beauty and the Beast when it was on and loved the show..wow.. I am tempted to read the Twilight series. but most of all I am sorry bout you being sick.. please, get well soon
hugs,
maggey

Anonymous said...

Darn! I just came from the library and forgot to see if they have those books.. I guess I can go online and check.
Hope you're feeling better and it's good that you have books to keep you happy while you're getting over the crud.
Enjoy and get well soon.

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow, now I want to read them too. sounds like a terrific series!! Will check them on my library - Natima

Marie said...

Hi, Love that quilt,wonderful job. Takr care of yourself and be well soon. Hugs, Marie

Cattinka said...

I am already hooked and you are rigtht it is a very nice love story.
KATRIN W.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lovely photos. And lovely over-view of the 'Twilight Saga.' May I add another point or two?

1) I'm not into Vampires. But this is not a typical Vampire Story. This, just in case others think... "Mmmmm, no. I'm not into Vampires."

2) It's termed a Teen Vampire Romance. But! The main characters are not average teens! 'Kristin' is not a usual vapid teen. Not by any means. And of course, neither is 'Edward.' And this is one of the most interesting things about Stephenie's books... they can appeal to many ages.

I found the books, on my own. Then our 16 year old Grand daughter saw 'Twilight' on my table, and told me she was reading them. Eventually, our 15 year old Grand daughter 'found' them. Two Daughters-in-law got into them. And we all went to the opening night of the film of 'Twilight,' together. :-) Along with a couple of other fan friends.

And when the last book came out, bookstores had "Release Parties," like from 9pm to midnight. And at midnight, they began selling the book. It was dress up if wanted, and {no I didn't dress up!} but I went with my Grands. Who had done themselves up with Twilight Vampire make up and hair!!! ,-)))

They joined in the games and give aways and I kept myself scarce. But, was still 'around.' So our beautiful teen Grands were not on-their-own, downstreet late on a weekend night. :-)

And I made a memory.

Aunt Amelia

andsewon said...

Hummm.. upto now I have not really been interested in the books.. may have to borrow them from my lil niece Hollyanne and see if I will give them a go...;-)
If it helps you not feel so bad keep reading!!!