
I found a wonderful wall hanging that I will be making called "Polly in the Rain". It was in the April issue of Patchwork and Quilting Magazine on pages 68-69. Well, I fell in love with it. This pattern calls for mostly batiks which are sewn together in strips to measure a piece of fabric measuring 25x14 and a half inches. The bird can be done in hand or machine applique. I will be doing it in hand applique and using Bottomline threads for the hand sewing. Isn't it lovely? It is so colorful and really does look like a rain forest. I will have to machine quilt the feathers on the wings, the bark on the branch, leaves in the border and use diagonal stitch on the background to represent the rain. That should be fun! I will be ordering my batiks from Batik Corner at www.batikcorneratfabriccorner.com They have the most beautiful batiks ever! I will try to match the batiks used in the picture, as I love the effect that they created!
I am working on the Thimbleberry quilt...I am doing the machine quilting, and then I will start this one as soon as I get the fabric. In the meantime, I am still doing the geisha blocks...will have to start that project again tomorrow.
I am working on the Thimbleberry quilt...I am doing the machine quilting, and then I will start this one as soon as I get the fabric. In the meantime, I am still doing the geisha blocks...will have to start that project again tomorrow.
I have been resting at home and looking at my new Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, reading Breaking Dawn, and just trying to get rid of this bronchitis.I also watched the most romantic movie called Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, where the character Richard goes back in time and falls in love with an actress. I found out that the movie came from a book called Bid Time Return( aka Somewhere in Time) by Richard Matheson, so I will have to read it. There is a sequel to that book called Memories of Elise. Joe just finished his nap, so we are heading out for coffee somewhere.
Happy Sewing and Have a Wonderful Weekend!
12 comments:
Glad to see that you followed all the plans, with the news that you are resting. Do. Do. Do. Please. Please. Please.
That film {you just watched} is one of those bitter-sweet heartbreakers, I think I remember. :-)
Since I'm "deep" into following 'Twilight Stuff News" again... I simply have to get back to re-reading "New Moon." Yessss, I do!!!! So much I missed, in that one, with my being irritated that the main lovers were apart. Silly me. I know now. Silly me.
But, re-reading it won't be hard, either. :-)
Aunt Amelia
That will be some beautiful hanging. It is good to hear that you are up to sewing again but I agree with Aunt Amelia that you shouldn't overdo it.
Hello Micki
Thanks for your visit and lovely comment.
What a lovely inspiration it is this Polly in the Rain. I like the colours very much and for sure it will turn out a beautifull piece of art.
Can't wait to see the finished Polly! Kath x
If you like the parrots you will have to visit Australia. We have lot of them in our backyard - Natima
Thanks for the lovely commemnt today! I love that Parrott and the colors will be fun to work with. so glad you are feeling better and Joe too. Have a beautiful sunday.Hugs, Marie
Ooh I do love that parrot wall hanging! Darn, it's not in my April issue of Patchwork and Quilting magazine but I have the Australian version, LOL.
I love romantic movies, especially if they make me cry! Must look out for Somewhere in Time and watch it again :-) Thanks for sharing the book references too, cool.
It is lovely! What a brilliant wallhanging you will have!
Cheers,
Dionne
Wow Micki, this certainly will be fun to make, I think. Mmm, the shop you mentioned - lovely fabrics! Have a lovely Sunday!
Beautiful colours Micki for the parrot...just gorgeous...Hope that flu juice is working!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing how your wall hanging turns out. Love the colors.
They filmed parts of Somewhere in Time 50 miles from my home. I have not watched that one although I have heard it is good.
Post a Comment