I managed to finish the first pillowcase. The suns are all paper pieced. I got the pattern from Deb Karasik's book. I will make another one tomorrow. Once I finish the pillowcases, the bed is now crying for a new quilt to match the pillow cases, so I guess that will be my next big project. I found a place that has the same fabric as I used in the pillowcase. It just seems to be so bright and cheery.
Just wanted to add that there is a wonderful giveaway at the blog I'm Just a Guy Who Quilts. It is refreshing to see a guy who loves quilting that much! Ryan lives in NY state, and I have gone to the Catskills often when I used to live in PA. I think that you will like his blog.
16 comments:
I am astonished by all your projects. You are soooooo creative, you never rest.
You are showing us beautiful things, thanks for that.
KATRIN W.
very nice.. Love your color choices..
Maggey
fun pillowcase.
This is so pretty and vibrant! I wish I were more crafty! Awesome work.
Love the colors.
Congrats on the blog win.
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Keeping you in my prayers :)
Thanks for the comments you have been leaving at my blog. They are much appreciated.
Very pretty! Well done chick.
I love your pillowcases, with paper pieced borders too?!?! lovely. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Your quilt will be very pretty since the pillow cases are a preview of things to come.
This looks nice and happy Micki...the matching quilt will be lovely♥x
Wow, you are speedy. The matching quilt will be stunning. Definitely cheery.
Lovely pillow. I love the pink and yellow you are using. They go well together. Good job Micki!
Great just as i knew it was going to be i be careful about showing it you be getting orders lol well done
Hugs Janice
Just got to catch up on you, and very glad to hear you are feeling better, I was thinking of you over the last few days . Hope you are BEST again soon. The patchwork border is very dainty, lovely!
Love that color Micki. Hope that you are feeling better. Colleen
Lovely pillow case. Look forward to see the matching quilt!
Congratulations on yet another win (O:
Nice pillowcase Micki- you must be pleased with how it turned out. I hope that you are now recovered and feeling much better.
Thanks for the link to a new blog- there are so many wonderful blogs to explore.
I spent yesterday exploring in my sewing room and found many long lost treasures- very satisfying to have it more organized for me- still packed to the brim with wonderful fabric but at least I can find most of what I am looking for-
Today I want to start a new quilt - if I can make a decision about the pattern. I found all the beautiful star fabrics I own so now I want to get started making something with them.
Hugs to you all,
Regards,
Anna
Hope you are on the mend now Micki! At last I have been able to open your Blog page.Love the pillow cases, my favourite colour. Kath x
Post a Comment