Friday, July 3, 2009

Good News

I just got back from the doctor's, and he said that I should just continue with the antitiotics at home, as it had not gotten worse, so that was a good sign. It takes antibiotics a couple of days to kick in, so he hoped it would be better by next week. Patches, my new teddy bear, was thrilled, as he didn't really want to go to the hospital, as he was very snug in our new home. Joe was so happy too, so I get to relax at home, read a good book, maybe sew a teeny weeny bit, and let Joe spoil me.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Dumbo is off to have a cup of coffee.


PS: I was told by the doctor to rest and take my antibiotics. As I have gotten a few emails from you guys about that, I promise to be a good girl and do that. My doctor said that if I don't get rid of this by the end of next week, he will put me in the hospital for the IV, so I will be a very, very, good girl.LOL I am now watching Oprah, will read the blogs that I am following, read a mystery book that I have, and just totally relax.

18 comments:

Fee said...

Make sure that you take it easy - HUGS, Fiona

Marie said...

So very happy that your geting better with out a trip to the hospital. Take care Girlfriend.Hugs, Marie

marina said...

Good for you!
Make sure you do as you have been told and don't overdo it.
cheers
Marina

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki,
I'm pleased for you that you can recover at home - much nicer! Ros x

Nedra said...

Yeah! No hospital. I'm sure you will get better rest being at home and having your husband take care of you. Get well soon!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Very good news! I'm so happy for you.

Now just relax. Let the meds work. Let your body get rid of the infection. No pushing on your bod, during this time. Let it just work on the infection.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. :-)

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

scraphappy said...

So glad you are OK to come home for now. I hope it stays that way.

Lurline said...

Oh, I'm sad to know you aren't well - please take care - very best wishes!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Micki, get plenty of rest. Good excuse to let your husband do the housework and cooking for awhile.. Colleen

Tammy said...

Glad to hear no hospital for you...you be good and relax as you said you would...you can snuggle with Patches he's adorable!!
Feel better soon!
Hugs2u!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

I assume the 'threat' of hospitalization will keep you to behavin'? ... have a wonderful 4th. TTFN ~Marydon

quiltmom anna said...

Glad to know that you are not having to stay in the hospital - I am sure that you are much more comfortable at home Micki.
I am sure that you will remember to be a good girl and follow the doctor's orders VBG-
I am enjoying your pillow case project- the maven's book has been on my Amazon wish list for awhile and I have thought about buying it but have never got around to it.
I finished quilting the trip around the world- today's project is to get the quilt trimmed and bound so I can take it to my sister in law tomorrow.
Get better my friend,
Hugs,
Anna

Maggi said...

So glad you did not have to go to hospital. You will recover much quicker at home amongst those that you love. Get well soon. Maggi x

Heckety said...

Get well soon and do take it easy.

Jocelyn said...

Oh Micki, so sorry to hear that you had such a bad reaction to the bug bite. Get better soon.

SewCalGal said...

I hope you are feeling better....

SewCalGal

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
Do take care and get well soon.

Chris H said...

You better be taking it easy madam!
Stuff having to go to hospital and be stuck with a needle.. *shudder*!