Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mid Week News about Projects and the Stitcher Angel Swap


I can't believe that it is Wednesday, and the week is almost over. If you remember, I got some oriental fat quarters from Ann for a PIF package.I decided to make a table topper for a Stanley that we have in our living room. We could use the Stanely for heating the house and for baking, as there is a bottom oven , but it has only become a decorative, focal feature in the living room, as we are using a storage heater that we have....much more economical, as it is on a timer. Well, I am making a runner for the Stanley, and I have completed the first section of it. It will have three sections, and then I will have to put the borders on, but it should be lovely.

I am also on a Sonoma Diet, which is a Mediterranean type diet, and really a very healthy lifestyle, and I am thrilled with how quickly the pounds are dropping.Luckily, I don't have a lot to lose, but this diet has just worked out perfectly. I bought the Sonoma Diet book and the Sonoma Diet Cookbook and love them both. You can see both books here. I am also exercising on the Wii fit board and love it. The program that came with it is really good, but I also got the
EA Sports Active, and it really gives you an incredible workout. Joe watched me exercise today, and I really did burn a lot of calories. You get a personal trainer, and a great workout program that is fun and diversified. It means you can do it in the convenience of your home, and not have to travel to a gym.

Finally, a friend named Marina, told me about the Stitchers Angel Swap and encouraged me to join. You are assigned a Stitcher Angel partner, and for seven weeks, you are given free patterns from top designers. Over the seven weeks, you then surprise your partner with three gifts. You can either decide to use the patterns to make the gifts or not. I think this will be lots of fun. Take a look at the swap, and if you want to join, go to Hugs 'n Kisses to fill out the registration form.

26 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

How brave, to be on a diet. I bet you feel much better, with all that fitness to it. Love the block you made and lots of fun with the Angel swap!

Dionne said...

I've heard of that diet and I've been wanting to check out the WII. I think now might be the time. Your Angel swap sounds like too much fun. I hope you keep us updated!
Cheers,
Dionne

Annika said...

That will make a lovely table-topper!

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Good luck with the weight loss Micki. I go to the gym 3 times a week and am having trouble losing weight. I will check out that diet.

Kath said...

I did smile at Joe watching you exercising...I guess he was exhausted just watching you LOL
Kath x

Betsy said...

Micki I am so glad that you are in the Angel swap. I did it last year and enjoyed it thoroughly.
I do the wii but I need to diet. I am so afraid of dieting since I did the Atkins for 9 months and it damaged my gallbladder so it had to come out from protein overload.

SewCalGal said...

Your block has great colors and design. Looks cheerful.

Keep us posted on the Angel swap. Sounds like fun.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Good luck with the weight loss Micki. You'll be trim and terrific in no time..
The table runner is going to be lovely...love that block!

Pat from Florida said...

Micki,

Please share a picture of the Stanley. I'm most curious!

Good for you for doing your exercise. I've heard that wii is so fun!

Colleen said...

Hi Micki...I just came across your blog thru Belfonte Notes and have enjoyed reading yours very much :)

webbsway said...

Hi Miki,

Congrats. on all you are accomplishing and I smiled at the
Wii fit board - because somewhere here lately I had read that it was so good for your brain - something about balancing your "left brain - right brain" ??? I forget the "stuff" - just remembered the part about it being good for you . LOL

As I see it - YOU are good for us! !!! ~smile~ So, keep "them" Irish eyes smiling!!!!!!!!!
hugs, Linda from Va.

Loralynn said...

I recently started exercising too. I am going to ask for the WII fit for Christmas this year! It looks great! Good luck with your diet! I am joining the Stitcher's Angel swap this year. I did it last year and really enjoyed it!

Granny Lyn said...

Oh, I am sooo happy for you, feeling fit is wonderful!! I sooooo need to do the same, maybe your gumption will spur me on...???

Cattinka said...

You are relly making a nice runner! You are brave with the colours but it looks good.
By the way I´m on a diet too...
I have already joined the stitchers angels, who knows maybe you will be my partner, that would be fun.
KATRIN W.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely block for the topper. Love the colour you have chosen. Bright and happy just like you. The Stitcher Anget swap sounds interesting. Have fun with that. Good luck with the diet too - Hugs Nat

marina said...

Your table runner block is just beautiful. Well matched fabrics.
Good luck with your diet. I am afraid if I say diet I always end up feeling hungrier that normal!
I hope you will enjoy the swap.

Chris H said...

I totally love that block! Gorgeous combo of materials. Good luck with the diet... *sniff*.. I am always on one!

Searchfamilies said...

Hi Micki
I know your doing well on the diet & the Wii i still am hoping to get it soon well may be i have a little money as a gift after tomorrow who knows
The swap sounds like great fun
Hugs Janice

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cool block Micki...and congrats for losing weight on that diet...Dzintra♥x

Ivory Spring said...

What a lovely block, Micki! I like the fabrics you have chosen for the block.

retdairyqueen said...

I really like the block you are making for the table runner
Colours are lovely

a good yarn said...

How exciting that you are using the fabrics I sent you so quickly. They look lovely in your block. I look forward to seeing the table topper when it's finished. Ann :)

Miri said...

That is a lovely block! Looks like it will be a beautiful runner.

Nibbles Treats said...

Congratulations on the diet. Those last 10 pounds are the most difficult. I wish you the best!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Wish I didn't have much to lose...but that would be lying. Lovedd the pictures of the village... makes me wish for another "honeymoon" trip to Ireland. Shame!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a lovely block!

I've been on WW 2 years plus. The cookbook got great reviews and I think I'll see if the library has it as the premise of the cookbook will fit well into any healthy eating plan!