Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lace Doily Finally Completed


It has taken me a long while, but I finally finished my large lace embroidered doily. There are 8 sections including the centre section, and once I embroidered all of them, I had to machine stitch them together. I alternated a deep pink section with a deep burgundy section. It is now sitting prominently on a table in our living room. I got quite a reaction from Joe when he said, "Take a bow." He said that it was so nice that I was making so many things for our cottage and really making it beautiful and so homey. Well, that made my day for sure.


Hope everyone is having a lovely day! Joe and I are going to see the latest Harry Potter movie on Saturday, so I am thrilled about that. We will be in Letterkenny all day, which will be so much fun!

34 comments:

CindyMae said...

The doily is magnificent! What beautiful work and the colors are gorgeous!! Great work!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Micki, this is so beautiful! Love the colors. You are such a talented crafter.

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Saw Harry Potter yesterday Micki. Now I am rereading the book because it was so long ago that I couldn't remember most of it. Love your little lace doily.

Anonymous said...

I love doilies. That one is so beautiful. Great job, you have every right to be proud of yourself.

Willow

Nedra said...

Beautiul job Micki. Enjoy Harry Potter.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is so pretty. Always nice when the men in our lives appreciate our work.

Anonymous said...

My goodness,what a beauty, Micki! You ought to be sooooo proud of yourself!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Oh how pretty and I love those colors. It looks like a lot of work too.
Vera

Betsy said...

Micki, it is stunning. Did you use the embroidery machine?
Your hubby sounds so sweet.

scraphappy said...

What a gorgeous doily! I can see why that took a long time to complete. How nice that you are appreciated for all your hard work. I'm having to read all of the Harry Potter books again now that I've seen the most recent movie. They've been showing all the earlier ones on TV and it is interesting to see how the "children" have matured.

Granny Lyn said...

Wow, it is stunning! the colors are gorgeous!!!

Maggi said...

What a beautiful doily, no wonder Joe was so pleased with it. Your home must be getting more lovely by the day. Enjoy Harry Potter. Maggi

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

Judy S. said...

Beautiful, Micki! I LOVE the colors. Nicely done. Have fun at the movie!

Marie said...

Oh girlfriend, I love the colors it is very beautiful. I can understand how Joe feels about your work, Ray is that way too about our little home.Have fun weekend. Hugs, Marie

marina said...

Unbelievable Micki, your doily looks great. Well done!
Hope you enjoy the movie. Try not to compare it to the book.
cheers
Marina

retdairyqueen said...

What a fabulous doily You are very clever Love the colours you used
Take care

Lisa V said...

Oohhh what beautiful colours, it has turned out really lovely.

webbsway said...

I love your doily Mickie! Isn't is so special to be able to create things with our own hands , it makes me feel like I am reaching back in history to my ancestors who seemed to care so much back then. You project is so beautiful and you have a right to be so proud - AND - to have your hubby notice and brag on it ! I know that warmed your heart!Sometimes you don't have to see a person daily just to know in your heart how special they are! You are definitely one of my heros!
hugs from usa

Vicki H. said...

That doily is so special, how pretty.

I love HP and I enjoyed the movie. Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

wow, how beautiful.........that is great.

quiltmom anna said...

Gorgeous Doily Micki- such pretty colors together.
Joe appreciates all the things you do - and you appreciate him too- It such a nice way to live life.

I am sure you will have a great trip to town- Enjoy the movie- I have heard great things about it.

Our niece is such a HP fan that when she got married 4 years ago she went to collect the newest pre ordered H P book at midnight the eve before she was married. We have photos of her waiting for the ceremony to start with the new book in hand reading.
There are fans and tnen there are fans. She knit special socks to wear to the newest movie.. She is quite the young woman...

Warmest regards,
Anna

Liz said...

What an amazing doily Micki, you are very talented. Love the Kangaroo, thanks.
Lizzie
XX

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeousely beautiful. I would have been proud too if Joe said that to me. You are so talented with such lace. Enjoy Harry Potter movie and have a lovely weekend - Hugs Nat

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh Micki!
That doily is the most beautiful I've ever seen....and in my favorite color...purple! Great work! I love it! AWESOME!
hugz
Pam

Mrs Quilty said...

This doily is one of the prettiest I have ever seen, so unique and the colors are wonderful!!! Such intricate work and you did a great job!! So glad your Joe loved it!

Cattinka said...

Oh this doil is really a beauty. What a gread idea to alternate the colours. I bet Joe is very proud of you for making it.
KATRIN W.

Searchfamilies said...

What a beautiful Doily Joe is right take a bow well take several lol enjoy the film not sure if we will get to see it before it comes out on DVD there are a few films i like to see but we never really get to the cinema lol
Hugs Janice

Chris H said...

It is TOTALLY GORGEOUS, you darn clever tart!

Kath said...

OOh delicious colours! Well done, love Kath

Heckety said...

Your doily is just gorgeous!

Loralynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You should be very proud of yourself!

quiltmamajb said...

Micki - it is just beautiful! And Joe has wonderful taste. Enjoy the movie - we went last weekend and loved it! Have fun in Letterkenny...piece.

Miriam said...

That doily is beautiful!!! Well done!!

I hope you enjoyed the Harry Potter movie.