Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Surprise Giveaway Package in the Mail and Some News



Today, I received a surprise giveaway package in the mail from Joanne . I won her giveaway, and the package finally arrived. I was thrilled! I received a cute red bucket, two patriotic pens, a tea towel with red stars on it, and finally a lovely civil war fat quarter bundle. As I came from America originally, this was so special for me. I intend to make a wall hanging from the Stars and Stripes Sampler book that was made by Liz Porter and Marianne Fons. Please check out the site here, as the book is an amazing price of only 5 dollars.

Thanks so much Joanne for having such a wonderful giveaway, and I was totally thrilled to be the winner.
I also won a check book cover from Nanci , and that was so nice too to win a prize like that . You can see her blog here and the prize that I won.

Today, I also signed up for a crocheting course that will begin in September at the Resource Center in Donegal Town. It will be every Wednesday from 11-1PM. They will start off with a crochet group, but then will also provide knitting. I am excited, as I also love Donegal town. The main street is situated around a diamond in the centre of the town. It is a very colourful town, and there is a quilt shop there, besides tons of shops that I can visit. I will be attending this group from now on, so i will have a lovely Wednesday planned each week.

17 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

How nice plus you will get to meet new people bet you can't wait.
Well done on winning the give-away
Hugs Janice

Jocelyn said...

Wow Micki that book looks fabulous. And what a great price too :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the giveaway. It looks very pretty. Can't wait to see your project from it.

Willow

Betsy said...

Micki, lovely prize and good luck with your crochet class. I used to crochet many moons ago too.

Kath said...

That's another coincidence Micki, I've been trying to master some crochet over the weekend and have a visit planned to see my friend Elinor, who is going to teach me on Thurday. I'm sure you will enjoy your trip into the wider world every week- all those interesting shops!! Kath x

Marlene said...

Congrats on your prize. What fun planning the project to use them.
You'll have a lot of fun learning to crochet. it is certainly a craft that is back in vogue here in Australia.

Nedra said...

Congratulations on your win. And have fun with the crocheting and knitting.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a super Wednesday to me, Micki! Looks like you'll be close to all sorts of shopping temptations! Fun, fun, fun!

Lurline said...

Lucky Girl, again! I am sure you will love your crochet course!
Hugs - Lurline♥

webbsway said...

Congrats. on your "winnings"! I too crochet - not as much as I used to because if a bum shoulder and pain, but I still love it. I bet you will enjoy your classes and sharing can be so much fun. Your picture is absolutely beautiful and the other gals lives will be enriched because you will touch them.
love

marina said...

Lucky you Micki.
Enjoy the crochet classes- be sure to show us what you create!
cheers
Marina

Sue said...

Congratz on your win Micki. What a great selection.
Enjoy the crochet too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations Micki on your win!!! Love the look of those coloured buildings...have fun with your course...Dzintra♥x

Miri said...

Congrats on your win! Your fall class sounds like fun and is certainly located in a beautiful town...and near a quilt shop too!

Clarity said...

How lovely to receive a bunch of gifts as a surprise.

The town looks so picturesque, please take more pictures when you can, it is unlike anything I have heard about Ireland.

a good yarn said...

Such a marvellous giveaway! Congratulations. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you make from your crochet classes. Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, thank you for visiting......good luck with your crochet class....something I have not done for a long time...enjoyed the pic of Donegal....congrats on your win.....lot a fun...warm regards lyn