
I have been researching primitive quilts and dolls, after seeing a primitive quilt at my local quilt shop. I am totally enthralled by them. I found a wonderful site that has lovely patterns to order, plus books, fabric, etc. It is called Meme's Quilts I will be buying the book A Gathering of Angels. which have some lovely patterns in them, which you can see here.
Also some of their patterns such as Weiner Dog Wonderland, Saltbox Farm Quilt, Raggedy Hugs, and a few more. Please take a look at some of these patterns...they are treasures! Here are pics of two of the patterns that I will be ordering:


Also, I found a wonderful blog called Sew Primitives Quilter, and she dedicates all of her blog to primitive quilts and items. I have to add that Mary from Quilt Hollow just told me that her friend Cathy has a wonderful blog called Shakerwood Primitives, and I did visit, and it is just lovely. Drop by if you can if you are interested in prims.
I will have to look into the types of fabric that I will have to buy for the primitive projects. I am hoping that my local quilt shop will carry some, but if not, there is always Meme's site, or I may investigate some other options. As I love the country decor and find it perfect for a cottage like ours, I think that all of these projects will be perfect.
I wanted to also show you the pincushions that I made for Nat and Lizzie for their PIF gifts. I also sent them a handmade notebook and wallet, but you know me with pincushions...I really enjoyed making these. I already know that they got them, so this post won't spoil the surprise that I wanted to give them. I was thrilled that they both liked them.
Get ready tomorrow for my August Star to be posted...She is a really sweet, talented lady.
17 comments:
I love Prim too, I can't wait to see what you make, love Kath
Thank you for your mention, Micki, and your quilts and blog are wonderful.
I just found your blog and could easily see I'm going to be loving this one! I too, love old and prim.
Micki the pincushions are too cute. You mentioned homemade notebooks? Sounds interesting. If there is a wal-mart by you, sometimes they carry homespun fabrics and I believe Joanns may have some every once in awhile. Like you, if I were to make something primitive I would have to buy some of that fabric too.
Beautiful pincushions.
The book sounds great!
Love the pincushions Micki. Primitive patterns are really very cute.
Hey Micki, yes I love my PIF gifts. I love pin cushion too and already filled my basket with them. Thanks again. I love primitive and country quilts as well and will check those sites you recommended - Hugs Nat
I love Meme Quilts patterns too! ...can't wait to see what you stitch up.
Your PIF gifts are very pretty!
One of my daughters is named Elizabeth, and we often call her Lizzy. I should make her a pincushion like that!
I have some of Meme's pattens, also love the country prim look...just not the super ugly prim... ha!!!
pretty cushies!!!!
Sending out my last PIF today!!!
Lola
I'm off to visit all your links!
(my girls have already been to see Harry Potter twice,but August pocket money has just been paid so that could increase!)
Love the pincushions! I like the flowered one the best! I'm sure they loved them!
love the pincushions! love your "things" and will stop by when the prims appear! lol
hugz
Pam
Oh Micki I adore the Primitive style...the colours of it all...Dzintra♥x
I would also like to do some prims, thanks for all the good links! I bookmarked them and will be visiting at length!
and those pin cushions are darling!! you spent a lot of time on them and it shows!
I love those pin cushions111
What lovely work as always
Hugs Janice
Post a Comment