Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eagle Block




I finished the Eagle block and sewed it to the American flag block. It actually has a light beige homespun fabric as a background, but the camera did not catch that colour very well. it looks grey, and don't ask me why.LOL I laid it on the floor, and Joe stood on a chair to take the pic. You can, however, see how I machine appliqued the pieces. it was a tricky block, but it was fun to do. I love the Steam-A-Seam 2, but I have used the Heat and Bond too. Luckily, all the pieces were already reversed for me, so I didn't have to worry about that. I can see that I will have to do a lot of stippling in the background of the eagle block, but I enjoy doing that, and it will give it a really rich look.

Tomorrow, I will start the Americana house. which is a 12 inch block, and I have already picked the patriotic fabtics for it.
I am still thrilled that I won the giveaway, and that the package was all Americana items. I feel like they were destined for me. It's turned out to be a lovely day, and I hope all of you had the same great day.


15 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

It look wonderful! I think it was destined to be your win, also! It will always mean something special when you look at it. Very pretty!

blushing rose said...

That is really pretty ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Granny Lyn said...

Your Eagle is awesome! you zoomed through that, didn't you!

I'm going to pop over to Fons and Porter to check them out!

Jocelyn said...

You did a great job Micki. I am really looking forward to seeing how this all turns out :-)

Loralynn said...

Wow! You work fast! Lovely job! I can't wait to see the next part!

Lisa V said...

Really pretty Micki, you are very talented.

Judy S. said...

Your eagle looks fabulous, Micki! Wow, that piece is going to be spectacular.

Helen said...

I love your work! You are fast, for sure and it's lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

What a lovely block, Micki! Very nicely done too.

Nat Palaskas said...

I like it, it looks hard, but you did a good job there Micki. Hugs Nat

Lurline said...

A great block, Micki - looking forward to seeing more!
Hugs - Lurline♥

andsewon said...

Looking awesome Micki!! You are on a roll!!

Lori Holt said...

That is beautiful...and you're right, I think the stippling will be so nice behind it and really make it pop:)
x Lori

Searchfamilies said...

Very nice, bet this will look great when finished
Hugs Janice

Cindy F. said...

Gorgeous!! Beautiful work! I can't wait to see this all finished up!