Some of you have told me that you have always wanted to visit Ireland, because you have Irish heritage or just because you love the country. If you can't make the trip, I want to recommend a great book that Pat Sloan wrote called Tour Ireland with Pat Sloan. You can get the book at Amazon here.

Also on You Tube, Pat made two videos showing highlights of her book's projects as well as her trip to Ireland. I thought you might like to see them. So here is Tour Ireland With Pat Sloan Part One and Tour Ireland with Pat Sloan Part Two.I got this book for a friend of mine, and she loved it. You will see some of the projects on the videos, and also you will love the scenic pics of this wonderful country.
I remember when I came here many years ago after I married Joe, and I had never been to Ireland before. Joe took me camping all over the country, and I got to see most of Ireland that way. It was such fun, and we have wonderful photos as memories of that time. Here are two of them. One is me standing next to our tent with our dog Corey, who is no longer with us, and the second one is from a scapbook that I made of our wedding pictures. I also love scrapbooking, and I have made several albums. Aren't we just the greatest couple?
I enjoyed looking at all our albums this morning and thinking of all our times together.It is nice to know that I met my soulmate, my anam cara, as they say here in Ireland.

25 comments:
Lovely memories, Micki! And what good ways to get to know Ireland. You must have had a lovely lovely time getting to know Ireland with Joe (O:
It feels good to be back again and visit your lovely blog!!!
You look like a great couple!
Micki, You are truly blessed being able to live in Ireland and be with your soulmate! We loved our visit in June and plan to return someday. It is a magical wonderful place....We love Ireland! Mumzie :)
What a great pic of the two of you.
Very nice couple! Great scrapbook page, did you quilt it?
Enjoy your fairytale!
Zlaty
I have fond memories of Ireland, not only when we lived there, but the tours we did in our caravanette, complete with 2 dogs. You certainly have some wonderful memories and look very much in love, Kath xx
It brings back all the memories of where G'ma came from AND our lovely visit there. People can NEVER know the beauty of thousands of shades of GREEN'S until they have seen them first hand in Ireland. The coastal regions are beyond description with the craggy beauty. God kissed Ireland in His creations. TTFN ~Marydon
Hello Micki! I love this post as I love Ireland and dream of visiting there!!! Your picture of you and Joe is wonderful! Love that one of you camping! I will definitely look up those books! Thanks!
The best part is that after all these years you are still so happy in the marriage. How wonderful! And I am so happy for you!
What a wonderful collection of memories to fill your heart. Thank you for sharing them with me.
What nice pictures of you and Joe- Loved your Mickey mouse pajamas too. You and Joe were married 10 years ago- time does fly doesn't it?
Thanks for sharing the Tour Ireland book too- it looks like a gorgeous book- interesting combo of a travel log and quilt book.
You live in lovely country- it does remind me of photos of Newfoundland where my beloved was born.
The vistas are glorious and so are the quaint streets with the multi colored dwellings on the cobblestone streets.
Happy quilting,
Regards,
Anna
A dream come true in many many ways! Love and land, is there any other need?
I also love those Mickey Mouse jammies, they match the boots so well! tee hee
You certainly are the greatest couple, Lizzie XXX
Lovely memories, Micki!
My grand kids have visited Ireland to meet with that side of the family...and have brought back many lovely photos..
Julia ♥
Micki - there is so much sadness and tragedy in this human life that to hear your "true story" always makes my heart beat a happy beat. You are a true inspiration!
May you and Joe make many more Happy Tracks to inspire us all.
Hugs, Linda
Wow you guys havn't been married that long! Camping... Ikkky! Give me four walls, flushing loos and microwaves thanks! *smiles*
I've got Pat's book and it's wonderful! One day I'll come back to Ireland...
Thank you for the links to the videos.:)
What a gorgeous wedding photograph!
Thanks Micki for sharing Pat Sloan's videos. I am a fan of Pat, she is a woman of my heart. I email her once asking her about a basket I saw with her quilt. Pat got straight back to me and told me everything I wanted to know. You know I have been to Ireland and love it and it's still my favorite place to visit - Hugs Nat
Blessings to you and your Anam Cara Micki!!! I have that book...by John O'Donohue I think it is...Dzintra♥x
What a sweet wedding photo! You two are a lovely couple, then and now. :)
Wonderful memories! I love taking a stroll down memory lane! Thanks for the book recommend!!
I got one called The Irish Way by Robert Emmett Ginna, and its not bad. Its mostly history, though, which is interesting but doesn't make for a good read for non-history buffs like me. :( I'll have to check what you recommended out and see if I like that better. Does it have pictures? lol
Thanks for the links to You Tube, I saw this book before and did mean to order it and never did. I think I just might pop over to amazon and order it today. Love the photo of your wedding and cannot wait to get back to Ireland.
Thanks for all the insights on Pat Sloan and touring Ireland. But I love your insights "Going Down Memory Lane".
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Post a Comment