Saturday, August 29, 2009

Giveaways




Lena at Leka Quilt is having a wonderful giveaway...go check it out. The prizes are homemade purses.


Also, Ryan's giveaway is so nice too, so take a look at his blog. He is giving a sewing calendar as a prize.
Finally, I am feeling a bit more achey, but better as I don't feel shaky anymore. I was in a bit of a shock yesterday. Thanks for all the well wishes. The Baileys did help (LOL), as did the Rooster Party.

14 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki, Sorry to hear you took a tumble, but hope you're feeling better after a good night's sleep. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend. Ros

Kath said...

Poor you Micki! When I fell in June, the nurse said, "You just don't bounce the way you used to when you were younger", which made me feel ancient! LOL let's hope the Baileys worked it's majic! Kath x

Jocelyn said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take care my friend.

Annika said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-le sigh- Hope the achey-ness stops soon. But my Dear, we have to slow down, you know. ,-) Even though you are way younger than I.

Time comes when we just aren't quite as agile on our toes, as once we were. Please try the slowing down. And noticing wet paw prints on the floor. And being prepared for a sliding feeling.

Yes, I will STOP my *lecture* now! You are a grown up and don't need lecturing. :-))))

Gentle hugs,
'Aunt Amelia'

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

You commented in my blog and I replied........

Mickie said: "We are all affected by what people say to some extent, but all in all, I just try to be myself."

Yes, it's a long journey, to arrive at not being influenced by outside forces. But you realize this and work on listening only to yourself. Wonderful! I'm trying for the same. Trying........

'Aunt Amelia'

Marlene said...

Oh Micki you poor thing. I'm sure the Baileys helped to settle you a bit. It's often a little after the event that it hits you. Even though you are now achy, I'm glad you are feeling better.
Take care xx

Sue said...

I hope you are feeling better Micki.
It's not nice to be sore and sorry.

andsewon said...

Funny how the aches tend to come on more after the fact!! You just will have to let them work themselves out. Hope you are not bruised up too bad.
A couple of Bailey's every day may just help you not feel as bad.. haaaa!!
Take care and rest up!
Hugs,
Lola

a good yarn said...

Good grief Micki! We can't leave you unsupervised for a minute, can we now! Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm in the draw for Lena's giveaway. Isn't she a generous soul? Ann :)

Searchfamilies said...

What lovely little purses i will head over there Thanks hope you are feeling better today
Hugs Janice

Maureen said...

It's so nice to find your blog (through the rooster part). My mother lived in Ireland (Lifford - not sure how to spell it) till she married during WWII. She moved to Canada with my Dad. She often told us wonderful stories of Ireland. She never returned to visit. She was greatly saddened by all the fighting. I hope things are much better there now. Someday I hope to visit Ireland. Sadly, my Mom passed away almost 3 years ago.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...hope you are on the mend now...with perhaps another little 'medicinal'...a very nice drink...Dzintra

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Micki, take care and hope you feel better real soon. I am sending you my love and tenderness here - Hugs Nat