Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tour of Ireland with Lance Armstrong, Some Wonderful Free Patterns, and Swap Projects


Lance Armstrong is in the Tour of Ireland. It has been exciting to watch all the bicylists racing here in Ireland, especially since Lance Armstrong is one of them. Joe wears his Live Strong bracelet all the time, and we both really admire him. It is a shame that they are not coming up as far north as Donegal, as we would have loved to see the race.

I also found some wonderful free patterns, and some of them are patriotic and Civil War patterns, so I thought you might like to see them. I will be definitely doing one of them. Washington's Legacy is just gorgeous, as is the Dear Jane pattern. There are so many beautiful patterns there, that it is hard to decide which one I would like to do in the future. I am sure that you will like one of them!

I made two felted projects for the Angels Swap and the Advent Swap...one in red and one in purple. I can't post them, as I don't want to spoil the surprise, but they turned out so cute. I did send a pic to Dzintra to show her, and I was so pleased with how they came out. I can't even tell you what they are, but as I love felting, they were such fun to make.

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the site for the free patterns. Some of them even change color ;-) There are several I would like to add to my growing collection of "some day" projects.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Micki, thank you for the link for the free patterns and I would have loved to see your felt projects....I enjoy working with felt as well.....Warm Regards Lyn

Liz said...

Thanks for the pattern link Micki, they are fabulous, certainly a couple there I might have to think seriously about!
Lizzie
XXX

quiltmom anna said...

Micki,
Thanks for the pattern link- there are some really nice patterns there to choose from. I will print some of them off once we get the printer hooked up to my computer again. You have been a busy girl with all your projects and swaps. You have created some really wonderful pieces. I have not any work with felt since I was a teenager- oh and some Christmas stockings with my school kids. Happy felting! Hope you are having a great weekend.
Warmest regards from Western Canada,
Anna

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...you're felted projects for the Angels are lovely, I am so pleased to have seen them...Now I better go and check out those patterns. Have a wonderful Sunday...Dzintra♥x

Judy S. said...

Nice link, Micki, thanks!

Julia said...

Hi Micki..thank you for the link for the free patterns...I love CW patterns..
Hope your having a lovely weekend there.
Julia ♥

SewCalGal said...

I think it is exciting that Lance Armstrong is in the Tour of Ireland too. Shame they don't go into your area.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I just finished my Washington's Legacy quilt top.....my version of the pattern.

Lurline said...

Thanks for the link, Micki - I am drooling!
Hugs - Lurline♥

CindyMae said...

Great freebies!

Anonymous said...

Micki,

What a great link for great patterns - and they are FREE! Thanks for the heads up.

Searchfamilies said...

I bet they angel swaps are great you do lovely work.
I will be off to check out the links after i write this
Hugs Janice

Mrs Quilty said...

There is someone from my town in that race! His name is Tyler Farrar! He did the Tour de France too! Wonderful young man!

Dena said...

Thank you for the site offering the free patterns. I saw a few of them that I would love add to my ever-growing collection of 'sometime in the future' projects. lol

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

I never mentioned it, but I think it is neat that you make so many patriotic things even though your home is Ireland now. Is there any reason behind it? Just a curiousity of mine. Anyway, its a shame Lance Armstrong won't be close to you guys. That might have been fun to see. He is surely someone with a lot of heart and will.