Saturday, August 15, 2009

Giveaway Package Arrived, The Time Traveller's Wife, and a New Blog I Found Called Nikon Sniper


What a wonderful surprise when Lola's giveaway package arrived in the mail. We went to see a movie in Letterkenny, and lo and behold, the mailman had brought a surprise package for me. I am so thrilled with it all. Joe already hung up the flag on the wall next to the Stanley range, and it is lovely! The patterns are wonderful, and I am especially looking forward to making the Raggedy Annie doll. I got more patriotic fabric which I can use for my Stars and Stripes wallhanging that I am doing. In addition, I got a lovely card from Lola, which really did mean so much to me. Go visit Lola's blog here and thanks so much!

Joe and I also went to Letterkenny to see The Time Traveler's Wife at the movies. It is based on the book with the same title by Audrey Neffennegger, which you can see here. It is a charming love story between Henry and Clare, and of course involves time travel. It is one of the best romances that I read in a long time, but the movie unfortunately is not as good as the book, althrough movies rarely are as good as the books. It does make one appreciate those we love, and cherish each moment we are with them.

I also met anther blogger named Steve, who has a lovely blog called Nikon Sniper .Steve explains the title of his blog by saying, " Digital Photography is sort of like sniping with a machine gun. If you get up every day, turn on your camera and put your life on continuous fire....sooner or later, you're bound to hit something." That sort of sums up my philosophy of life. He takes gorgeous photos with a Nikon camera, and captures all that Joe and I love about nature. His pictures will enthrall you. Joe loves photography, so he has surely appreciated Steve's talent taking photos. Steve has ancestry from Ireland. Both his grandfather and father are from Belfast, so as our county is the northernmost county in the Republic of Ireland, we are closest to Northern Ireland. Stop by Steve's blog and enjoy a lot of candy for your eyes, and you will see why he has over 1,200 followers of his blog, and I am happy to say that I am one of them.
Thanks to everyone who wrote to me about my hearing problems. I am in a much more positive frame of mind. I did have a lot of inner ear infections, so it should be no surprise that I have this problem now. I do thank you all for your words of encouragement. I will hear those raindrops once again on our roof and write a post about it...That is something to look forward to.LOL

13 comments:

Nedra said...

That is one movie I have been wanting to see. Thanks for the info that the book was better. I might read it first.

Mrs Quilty said...

I read your last post about your ear problems since I had missed that post and I am so sorry you are experiencing that and I really hope the specialist can determine what's wrong. Hearing aids WILL allow you to hear the blades of grass, your hubby is right. When my hubby got his, he could hear things we would never have paid any attention to! I will be praying for you!! Your giveaway package looks sooooo exciting. I did read the Time Traveler's Wife and loved it and I do want to see that movie, although as you said, it won't be as good as the book! I also will check out the Nikon Sniper for the photography! Hugs, Mrs. Quilty

Kath said...

I heard the film was out, I'm dying to know what you think of the audio book now. Kath x

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Micki,
I have ordered the Time Traveller's Wife book from the library. I have heard really mixed reviews of the movie. I may try and see the film soon- I find I like to see the film and then read the book. For me,the book fills in the gaps that the movie doesn't include for various reasons.
Lovely giveaway prize from Lola.
Thanks for the photography link- I will have to pass it on to my blog friend Wanda. She is a wonderful photographer and has just started a photography blog called cameralenz( I think it is blogspot. You can find a link to her original blog called Wanda's World on my blog list.
Have a great weekend.
Regards,
Anna

Heckety said...

I didn't know they had made a movie of 'The Time Traveller's Wife', I just loved the book when it came out. I think I'll re-read it. Tell your ears to hang in there, they will get sorted!

NikonSniper said...

Micki,
Thanks for your kind words. All your followers are welcome to NikonSniper. I love the Irish!
God bless all of you!
NikonSniper Steve

Betsy said...

Micki I have been wanting to see that movie but I too have heard the book is so much better.
one book and movie that are equally good is the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

Carrie said...

I've been wanting to see that movie -- now after reading your blog I think I'll read the book first.

I enjoyed reading through your blog. I'm hoping to go to Ireland in the next year or so...but for now your blog is the next best thing!

Julia said...

I want to see that movie, but i don't thnk it's out here yet..must check..
I see the girls think the book is better...i find it hard to sit a read a book.
Julia ♥

Granny Lyn said...

I have not read the book, yet, I"m always behind times,,,

That package looks so fun! you lucky girl, you! I can't wait to see the Raggedy Ann doll.

a good yarn said...

Thanks for the link to Steve's blog and your parcel from Lola is fantastic. Mine should arrive sometime soon. Take care...Ann :)

Searchfamilies said...

I think the trouble with a lot of books that become films is the time they only have so long to get it all in.
What lovely Giveaway package you are lucky well done
Hugs Janice

Millie said...

A lovely gift and watching a movie...that sounds like so much fun!