Anne Marie Hobbs is a quilt teacher and designer who live in Ferns, Co. Wexford. This September, she is opening a quilt shop at her home in Kilbora. I am so excited for her, and I do plan on seeing the shop, even though it is about 5 and a half hours on two buses. You can see her blog here.Anne wrote an article in The Irish Quilting Magazine called "Blogging As Addictive as My Quilting", and she chose three designers and three quilters/bloggers to highlight, and I was one of them. I was thrilled to bits! It was an honour that she put my blog in Issue 4 of the magazine, and I do thank her for including Joe and for all her kind words. As you can see,Quilter Going Bananas and Kim's Big Qulting Adventure were the other two quilters/bloggers highlighted in the article. By the way, Kim is having a wonderful giveaway, which you can see here.
Sherry Nugent, the publisher of the magazine, just mailed me my copy of the magazine issue that I was in, and she was kind enough to send me a free copy of the next issue. I will be subscribing to the magazine. If you want to subscribe to the magazine, go to http://www.irishquilting.ie/.
Sherry Nugent, the publisher of the magazine, just mailed me my copy of the magazine issue that I was in, and she was kind enough to send me a free copy of the next issue. I will be subscribing to the magazine. If you want to subscribe to the magazine, go to http://www.irishquilting.ie/.
Well, this was a very happy day for me. Besides, reading Anne's article, I really enjoyed reading the two issues of the magazines and getting inspired by all the wonderful patterns and quilts.
44 comments:
Congratulations Micki.
Wahoo Micki! Lucky girl, now you will have that many more people reading your blog and hopefully getting into blogging too!
Congrats!
Congratulations my dearest Micki. I am as excited for you as you are Woohoo!!!
Congratulations Micki...I'm going to see if I can get the mag tomorrow. Had a look at the B&B...what a lovely place...Enjoy your time there...Dzintra♥x
Congratulations. That is so exciting, but does not surprise me, you are a very talented Lady.
Willow
Congratulations!! What an honour!
Congratulations Micki! I am very excited for you.
Congrats Micki!!!!
How exciting!!
Congratulations! What an honor for you!
Congratulations!!! You're a celebrity now!!!!
I knew you'd love the magazine :^) and especially the fact that we're both in it!!!
Congratulations, you have really made it!
KATRIN W.
Oh Micki,
You are one the very best blog's out there so I am happy for you.. Keep on bloggin' for us lurkers. Haha
Maggey
Congratulations Micki- I will have to watch for the magazine in the quilt shop- I know that a few places are carrying it these days. Can you tell me the issue # or the date that you and Kim appear in it.
I am busy trying to finish some pieces- I have joined Kim's August quest- so far so good- I have borders put on a wall hanging, and the star quilt center partially quilted. I have to quilt the individual stars and I think I am going to do some free form stars in the border. That is todays agenda!
Hope Joe is better and that you get to Harry Potter this weekend.
Be well,
Hugs,
Anna
How exciting Micki!
WOW, Micki! How neat is that!
Congrats to you my friend. Hope you and Joe get to the movies this weekend. YOu do so many beautiful things I know it is a beautiful articile. Hugs, Marie
Oh, Micki...how awesomely, incredibly cool is that? Congratulations!!!
How wonderful for you Micki.
That's how I found you! I presumed you knew or I'd have said it to you, sorry for not doing so. And I think her including you was well justified now I kinda know you a bit!
WOO HOO you are famous!
I was in a Woman's Magazine once.. cos I lost 61 kilos!
Congratulations Micki.
Cool Micki ! Congratulations !
How very fun! Congratulations, Micki.
Oh, congradulations!! Your blog is wonderful, so you deserve a little praise! I'm so excited for you!
Congratulations Micki!! Now you are famous!!!
O Micki,
How wonderful for you. You truly deserve it - now you can continue to light up the day for others as you continue to inspire .
Good job.
Hugs, Linda
Congratulations Micki,
I think my local shop carries that magazine! How exciting for you to be futured in a magazine!
Enjoy the magazines!
Zlaty :)
Congratulations, Micki - what a treasure to keep forever, I bet Joe is proud!
Hugs - Lurline♥
Oh, Micki!!! How exciting!
Congratulations, darlin'!
Hugs and snugs...
Congratulations , that is really exciting for you !
You will become a famous quilter, in a magazine, woah!!
Congratulations Micki !
I luckily for you :-)
Rena
Woohoo! Way to go Micki!
Micki, you are my hero~ I am going to try to get a copy of the mag. so I can sit on my porch and have a visit with you~
That is so awesome Micki!!!
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and very proud of you:)
I shall have to have your autograph you know (hee hee) Kath x
Great news. I'll tell everyone I know a famous person.
I hope you don't get so famous we wont all fit into your "blog life"
Congrats Mikki!
Way to go Micki, Too cool! Now I know I am in good company. Carline
That's wonderful Micki. Congratulations! Ann :)
How Awesome! So glad to see your hard work noticed. You are a very sweet lady that greatly deserves it!
Very exciting. I can't wait to read this article.
Congratulations.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Wow, Micki, congratulations. I can imagine your were thrilled (O:
Post a Comment