Wednesday, September 30, 2009

October Star


My October Star is Willow who has a lovely blog called My Irish Cottage, and who is from the wonderful state of West Virginia. She has been married for many years to her soulmate and has children and grandchildren. I know you will love her, as much as I do. Enjoy the interview, and please visit her blog , so you can get to know her even better.






Interview for September

· A Bit About Me:

I live in West Virginia, in fact all my life. I am married to a Wonderful Man for almost 33 years. After one week of dating he asked me to marry him and we did two months later. We have a Daughter and Son. Our Daughter has four children and Our Son has one. I love to make crafts, but I don’t think I do them very well, but it makes me happy, also I like to work in my Garden.

· What Insprires Me:

I love to read and that is what inspires me. I wished I could write and envy those who can. It doesn’t matter to me if it is a book, a paper, or a blog. They are all inspiring.

· What I Love to Do the Most Creatively:

That changes. In my youth it was drawing, but I lost that talent years ago. I love
to sew by hand nothing fancy, but I will try anything.

· My Favorite Fabric and Designer:

I can’t give an answer to that because I love them all.

· UFO I Intend to Finish First:

I have so many. Started them years ago and one thing after another got in my
way. I quess I would have to pick the Pumpkin Quilt I started a few years ago. I
only have to add batting , backing, and quilt it together. I have never done that
before and I guess that is why I have not finished it.

· What’s on the Design Wall Now:

It is a lap quilt, yes another quilt, but I am going to stick to it until it is done.

Who Would I Love to Meet:

It would have to be Micki and Joe, since my dream is to go to Ireland and they live there and I have gotten to know her by blogging and she is great.

· If I Had One Wish:

Only one? It would be that people in this world would start taking care of each other and respect life.
· Plans for the Future:

For now it is just taking one day at a time and not looking back, but forward with hopes of a brighter future for us all.

Here are some of Willow's work:








Thanks so much Willow for such a nice interview, and I am so happy that we have gotten to know each other and formed a friendship through our blogs!

18 comments:

Maggi said...

Another great interview Micki.

blushing rose said...

She is a lovely, isn't she. Enjoy your interviews. TY for sharing.

Have a lovely autumn eve. TTFN ~Marydon

Miriam said...

Lovely to meet Willow.

Great work Willow.

Thank you for the interview, Micki.

marina said...

Lovely to meet Willow and the new blog look Micki. Looks very nice.
cheers
Marina

SewCalGal said...

Micki,

Thanks for introducing us to Willow. She sounds like a delightful lady that is very talented.

Great interview write up too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Dena said...

Micki ~ What a wonderful interview. This is a great medium for meeting new people and forming friendships. Thank you!

fabricartist21 said...

I guess I have missed something as I did not know you were doing this and it is absolutely wonderful!! Iloved meeting Willow and now I know who you are my dear thanks to Micki. Boy each time I click into your blog Micki I am in Ireland.

Nat Palaskas said...

Another special star Micki. I love this idea so much and looking forward to every month. Willow, I like her name and I am going to visit her soon. Thanks for sharing your stars with us - Hugs Nat

Searchfamilies said...

Another good interview
Hugs Janice

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...thanks for another inspiring interview...I look forward to them each month...Dzintra♥x

Tammy said...

Great interview Micki, thanks for sharing! Nice to meet you Willow :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Once again a lovely Star of the Month! Thank you, Micki, for doing this and sharing talented and kind people with us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,

Thanks so much for interviewing me this month. You are the best.

I can't believe it is already October.

Willow

Nanette Merrill said...

What a fun post Micki!

Heckety said...

I came across Willow through gardening blogs and she is always interesting. I'm glad you have her as your October Star!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh I love that last picture! My fav colors. :-)

Browndirtcottage said...

I like to see the interviews..thanks Micki!

I am teary eyed over your sock!!!

Granny Lyn said...

So nice to meet Willow, (love that name!) thanks for the great introducion!