Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My April Stars

I am thrilled to introduce my April Stars of the month. Maggey and Jim are a quilting couple, and I love the idea that they are quilting together. I can see that they are soulmates, and it is nice to see such a wonderful couple, as I also found my soulmate in Joe. Although Joe does not quilt with me, he is my sounding board and my biggest fan. I do enjoy seeing the work that Maggie and Jim have done together, and I know you will also love the experience when you visit their blog called The Quilting Couple. I am proud to introduce you to a very talented couple, who also share with us their love of visiting flea markets. If we ever meet, I know we would all hit it off...maybe one day.

Enjoy the wonderful interview below and meet a charming couple!

Interview for April
Name:__The Quilting Couple_________

· A Bit About Me:
We have been married about 52 years.. High school sweethearts.. We have 3 children, a son and 2 daughters..
They are the loves of our lives.. We have 6 grandchildren,
one grandson and 5 granddaughters.. They are precious and we could not love them more. We live in a small town and really wouldn't live anywhere else. I have always sewn, clothes, crafts but didn't do any quilting until 1986 when I heard a lady was teaching quilt as you go.. Well I took the class, piecing, then sandwiching the block in a wood frame to quilt. Mr Couple looked at it one day and said " I think I could do that", so he took over the hand quilting part of it..I then put the quilt (a sampler) together and it was finished,, That's how it all started,, Mr Couple is also a woodworker.. He is in the process of making my kitchen cabinets and doing a splendid job.. He used to cut all my boards when I was a painter..

· What Inspires Me:
I love flowers, art and looking at other quilter ideas. I read a book sometime ago that really helped me called
AN ARTIST WAY.
So many times I try to come up with my own ideas and I do, but not as artistic as I would like,
· What I Love to Do the Most Creatively:
In the last few years I have been on this kick with purses, I just love making them and creating my own design.. I love quilting, it is so rewarding to look back at a whole quilt and know that you made it,,

· My Favorite Fabric and Designer:
There are so many designers out there and they all have their place,, the designers really try to give us everything imaginable. Moda is mostly what I buy, but not always.

· UFO I Intend to Finish First:
A pumpkin table runner.. then on to more bags..

· What’s on the Design Wall Now:
Two bags for the Animal rescue where my daughter-in-law volunteers.
· Who Would I Love to Meet:
It would be hard to narrow it down to one person.

· If I Had One Wish:
I would wish that all our soldiers would come home for good!!!

· Plans for the Future:
More quilts and purses and maybe an online shop? I think that is a dream.. But I can dream, can't I.

Here is some wonderful eye candy of Maggey's and Jim's work! Enjoy it all!


















12 comments:

Pat said...

Very nice interview. I only discovered their blog a short time ago but have enjoyed what I have seen there!

Jocelyn said...

How very cool is that! Thanks for the interview. That would be so much fun to have a quilting partner that lives with you :-)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great interview!! It is so much fun to read about others! thanks for taking the time to do this!!

Dena said...

Great interview. The quilts they shared are beautiful. How nice they are able to compliment each other and create something so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Julia said...

Great interview Micki..How lovely that they can work together, and create such beautiful quilts..
thank you Julia ♥

Gene Black said...

Thanks Micki, I always love reading your Star interviews!

molly said...

It's always nice to hear and see what other quilters are up to! This couple do lovely work.....

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you once again, Micki, for sharing a wonderful and special interview with us!

Maggi said...

Thanks Micki. Has Joe decided to take over the hand quilting yet?!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

the talent is always amazing to me. Their family graphics are awesome but the time and talent put into their work is absolutely amazing.
★Linda

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Mickie,

What a treat to come to your corner of this wonderful world....the music is wonderful! I do not have one drop of Irish blood in me...I don't think!, but I just love the music. I saw a movie the other night from Ireland, "The Secret of Nonan Inish..." I may have misspelled that...but what an enchanting tale. How lovely as well to see a couple as your friends who work on their passion together. My husband and I are a team as well; we both write, but I draw for him. We love it!

Have fun quilting; it is all so beautiful, and enjoy the Easter weekend.

Anita

Becky said...

Great interview! It is a pleasure getting to know Maggey and Jim. It's super that they share a hobby. My hubby is very supportive of my quilting, but not really interested in it:)