
We spent a couple of hours in Ard Forest Park, and we walked a good 9 miles total .You can see the map of the trails available to take. It was so serene and beautiful there, and you could hear the birds singing, and there was a tremendous feeling of such peace. As you can see, the forest was huge, and we took the main trail and walked to the wee log cabin cafe, which was an extremely long hike, but such a beautiful walk. We ate lunch that we bought at the bench by the cafe, and we enjoyed some grapes on our walk back. It was the cutest cafe, and it was a welcome rest for us. We were pretty tired by the time we got back to the main gate, and a neighbor who lives at the beach close to ours, picked us up and took us home. Boy, were we glad to see her, and needless to say, we were both a bit achy. Joe took a wee nap, and I watched Dynasty and Criminal Minds.
We just got back from feeding Coco carrots. Joe and I stopped at one of our local coffee shops, and we enjoyed some of the artwork posted there. It was a lovely day for sure!Hope you enjoy the pictures of the forest. It had a lovely sanctuary there, a lake, as you see, and in the distance a beautiful beach and the sea.

Enjoy your weekends!


17 comments:
What a beautiful park you are truly a lucky gal to live in a wonderful place. Always love your pictures.
Holly
Thanks for sharing your lovely outing. I love to see photos of where people live (as you know!!) and you two live somewhere breathtakingly beautiful!
Thanks, had a nice walk with you. sounds like you had a lovely day.
What a beautiful park. Thanks for sharing the peaceful pictures. I love a walk in the park. There is always so much to see. Hope you are doing well.
Lovely photos Micki. It really does look so serene there.
Ard Forest looks beautiful. And what long hikes you take! Mr. Cactus and I go out and walk each evening, but our hikes are quite easy companred to yours.
Just beautiful Micki...a great day, and no wonder you need a rest...Dzintra♥x
How lovely...and you really ARE ambitious to take such long walks...makes me feel lazy, but I did appreciate hearing that you took the offer of a ride back! :)
Such beautifully serene photographs!!
I'm glad it stopped raining enough for you to enjoy the walk.
Nice photos, Micki. It looks like a delightful place to explore!
Looks like you have been having a nice week. Thanks for sharing these fabulous pictures.
Best wishes for a beautiful week,
Natasha.
I love the pictures. I enlarged each one and took in the beauty.
I always love seeing the pictures that you take on your walks. You truly have the best of both worlds - the beautiful beach walks with the views of the water and the forest walks.
Thanks for sharing your lovely outing.
post free classified ads
Beautiful park Micki, you must have both enjoyed your time there, how could you not. :) Take care.Linda
Love your walks with your husband, Micki. Looking very 'emerald' there!
Catherine
Hello Micki,
It's delightful to hear from you. Thank you for your kind words on my quilt.
The park pictures are GORGEOUS -- that luscious green! It makes me want to go and visit you.
Post a Comment