Joe was taking an afternoon nap, and I decided to sketch again . I did a sketch of a Bolivian boy which I took from a painting by Cathy Johnson. It turned out very well, but when my watercolours come next week, I would like to paint it, as the colours are very vibrant.It is so much fun playing with colours, and I enjoy that aspect of painting.
I love doing portraits, and I throughly enjoyed doing this one. It took me about two hours to do, and the afternoon flew by joyfully. I am so happy that I am getting back into my art and I am losing myself again in art. Having grown up with a mom who was an artist, I was always involved with art. I went to tons of art museums in Philadelphia and NYC, took art courses, and fell in love with painting. I mostly used pastels and watercolours for my landscapes, and loved capturing people and their expressions in the many portraits I did. I have lots of supplies to get, and I should have them all by mid June. Starting from scratch again is not easy, but I am glad that I have decided to do what I truly loved and missed.
I have to check up on the dinner...It is smelling yummy.
18 comments:
the portrait looks very good,you are really talanted,hugs,susi
The variety of your talents amazes me, Micki! What a great sketch!
What a lovely sketch, Micki.Will look great in colour.
Your drawings are awesome!
It's a lovely portrait. Looking forward to seeing more of them.
Thanks for the comments you have been leaving at my family blog. They are much appreciated.
That is an amazing sketch! Great job!
Lovely, what an adorable little face!
WOW, MICKI.
Awesome drawing.. Keep it up and it will look great with the water colors
Hugs
Maggey
Oh Micki!!! what a talented lady you are.Beautiful sketching
You are so blessed to be able to sketch and paint so nicely. I envy those who are able to do that. Please keep showing us your work! What did you have for dinner that was smelling so yummy?
Micki, your talents are endless and all so very inspiring! I tried to draw a simple bee today. You'd laugh if you saw it!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I am glad for you too, plus I like seeing your art! I cant wait to see what you do with color! the boy looks great.......
Wow, Micky!! Is there no end to your talents??!!!!
I can't wait to see what you do when you get your watercolours!
Fantastic! I can't wait to see the colour version. Ann :-)
Is there anything you can't do Micki! You are amazing. Sadly I cannot draw.
Woah you're talented. A really nice sketch
I can't wait to see this bag finished, Micki. Its just beautiful!
Shhh, I promise not to tell the puppies you enjoyed dinner with your man more! lol!
xxx
GREAT sketching! Drawing is one talent I do not possess!
Post a Comment