Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Puffer Fish Arrives and Some Other Goodies


Greg, who is from Flat Out Quilting, sent me a puffer pouch in exhange for a FQ that I sent him. I feel that I got the better end of the deal when I got the pouch. I had to really laugh out loud when I saw the puffer fish in person. It is a woman's accessory dream for sure. It reminds me of when my dad and I went fishing together, although we never saw a puffer fish. Greg also sent me some Moda charms, and I will definitely put them to use. I will have to put my thinking cap on and see what I do with them.Finally, he made me a siggy block from Moda fabric. Thanks so much Greg! I can honestly say with certainty that no one in Ireland has a puffer pouch like that...It is definitely one of a kind.

It is cold, cold, cold here.....I wore my winter jacket when we went to Letterkenny today for food shopping. We are not getting spring, I am afraid. We have our days when it is sunny, but I can't say that spring has really come here at all. We are all crossing our fingers and hoping we get a summer, but I am losing my optimism about that too.

Joe and I are feeding a horse that I have named Coco...we are giving him carrots. Here is Coco, and he is happily watching us arrive. Does he look happy or what? He is getting very spoiled by us and loves his carrots. When I came home, I did a quick sketch of Coco from memory.


Next week, my watercolour pencils arrive, so I will be able to do a color version of him in my watercolour journal, so this sketch will be my inspiration. There are 120 colours in the set, and it is going to be so much fun using them.

We are heading off to bed...it is almost midnight here. Enjoy your weekend!

18 comments:

Miri said...

That is one different pouch!

Greg said...

I'm glad the puffer fish arrived without much trouble. Enjoy the charm pack, can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Cobblestone Creations said...

LOL That pouch definitely says "Hands Off!"

Can't wait to see you watercolor. I envy your walks . . . .

Pat said...

What a WONDERFUL drawing of the horse, Micki!

Gene Black said...

Ha ha...Cobblestone Creations put what I felt into words. It says "hands off" for that "special time" when "rubbing you the wrong way" could evoke those puffer fish teeth.

Hahaha...sorry I am so silly, I am very tired and my filters are down.

SewCalGal said...

Very cute pouch. I love to play with pufferfish while diving in Hawaii. Such fun!

Your drawing is awesome. Love it! You are so very talented! I think you could easily be an illistrator for a delightful childrens book, and most likely even write one. Have you ever considered writing kids books?

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

webbsway said...

O Mickie
I absolutely love your sketch of Cocoa.

Thank you for mentioning your weather - it makes me apprecite our 80 degrees today. :)

Patty said...

That sure is an unusual looking pouch.

Mystica said...

Like the puffer

Barb said...

I saw the pouch on his blog, it is hilarious...

YOu certainly have a talent in drawing, love the horse.

Joanne Lendaro said...

the drawing is amazing!! love the puffer fish, bet you will get some interesting comments when you carry it around. Love reading your blog, thanks for sharing your life with us!

Maggi said...

The puffer fish is fantastic.

retdairyqueen said...

Horses are very hard to draw
You have captured it perfectly
Love the puffer fish

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that Puffer Pouch!!! I LOVE it! It would "so-go" with my "Wicked" key chain. -giggles-

["Wicked" poster, from the musical "Wicked"]

^_^

Laurie said...

Yes, your horse *does* look happy! How cute! I commiserate with your lack of Spring...it's the same here. :(

lesthook said...

I saw that on Greg's blog too and loved it! My stepmom and sister just came back form Ireland and I was so jealous. They were looking for a Nugent Castle or ruins?

Unknown said...

it is still pretty cold here too, but it goes from cold to hot fast........love the horse sketch....it is beautiful!

Joanne said...

Cute pouch- very original!
I bet you can't wait to play with that new set of pencils. Have you sampled all the colours? We never really grow up, do we?