I made two more watercolour paintings in my moleskin journal. If you remember, I made that Bolivian Boy using graphite pencils. Well, I redrew him from scratch and then did the whole
pic in watercolours. Alot of you wanted to see what he would look like with colours , so here he is.
Also, I made a bird and a rose. As you can see , I am writing and including journal entries. It will be a lovely book to look through The moleskin journal has 60 pages in it, so lots of room to make paintings.
I used my new Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils. It is amazing how when you colour the pic in and then apply the water with the brush, it turns into a lovely watercolour.You have to do it in layers;otherwise, the colours will run into each other so everytime you want to add details, you have to let it dry first. I am so enjoying all of it.
Oh, a few people asked me if I will be painting exclusively and not quilting anymore. If you know anything about a Gemini, you know that we like to dabble in a lot of things...I will still be quilting, crocheting, painting, writing etc, etc....I enjoy having various hobbies.
Well, off to watch some tv.
20 comments:
Beautiful! I love your watercolour pictures. My sister-in-law is from Bolivia. Keep it up! Yvonne :)
Lovely paintings and I adore Moleskine booklet!
Have a fun evening.
Your moleskin journal is going to be soooooooooooo beautiful. Oh you are so talented and you do such beautiful work. :-)
I sort of wanted to say "and so brave"... but that's not you. I would be brave, if I attempted to do such. -le sigh-
The press tour for promotion of 'Eclipse' has started. Kristen and Taylor are in Australia.
Perhaps you might like to sub to Twilightish blog, while this press tour is going on? Lots of photos and tapes of interviews and etc. I have more fun with this Twilight blog, during a press tour. :-)
Telling you, just in case...
I'll try again, for a click-able link to that blog...
Twilight stuff blog.
:-)
Nice work!
I swing back and forth between hobbies also...I am a Libra - the scales - and of course those scales swing wildly sometimes.
I like dabbling in lots of crafty things too.. I've done painting, pottery, patchwork, card making, embroidery, knitting, sewing clothes, crochet... heck heaps more I'm sure!
It's fun eh?
Now I understand why we enjoy so many of the same things! Your watercolors are charming - you've inspired me!
Susan
I'm a Gemini, too, Micki,and celebrate 3 days before you. Thanks for telling me why I also like lots of different crafts/projects! Nice drawings!
Wow Micki, you are a girl of many talents.
Keep up the great work.
What lovely painting Micki.
thank you for sharing your work.
Dear Micki,
Been away for a while. I think your new watercolours are lovely, colour away, who says we can't have multiple arts?
Peace, X.
WOW!! you go girl :) those watercolor paintings are all yummy, I especially like the lighthouse! Those pencils look awesome!! Enjoy them in good health!
Hugs,
Susan
That is awesome! You are very talented!
Ah ha Micki!! Spoken like a true Gemini!!!!
I love you artwork! You have a real talent!
Hi Micki...does this mean you colour in with those pencils...and then apply water on top with a brush and it turns into watercolour...that's how I read it...Dzintra♥x
I really love your artwork. Keep up the good work.
Gorgeous, love those pieces of art....wow....very beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B
You are very talented Micki, i admire anyone who can paint/draw, my big effort is stick figures and even they are not good.
Hugs
Lois
I love both!
Post a Comment