Where to begin...I got two postcards in the mail, two siggy blocks, and two wonderful gifts from friends. The postman had a sour look on his face...poor dear!
Anyways, let's begin with the two postcards. Both came from members of the Artsnthemail Group that I belong to. The theme of the swap was "W is for ...." Pamela from the UK sent me a wonderful white lace and flower card with button embellishments...all pure white and beautiful! Then I received a white and blue windmill from Liz in Boise, ID. It reminded me of the windmill that Joe and I saw in Greece on the island of Santorini. Thanks to both! I then made a postcard for one of them, which was a white flower that I machine felted with roving and yarn. I am in the process of making the other one and will mail them out today.Then I received two lovely siggy blocks...One was from Janet in England, and it was a gorgeous block with yellow flowers. It brought a bit of spring to me, and I was very thankful for that. Then, Feys from Belgium sent me the cutest bear block, as she explained that she loves to make bears. The bear had such a joyful smile on its face.
I also received a consolation gift from Jan for a giveaway contest that she had on her blog. It was a great colorful notebook that she designed herself.
Last, but not least, I received a surprise package from Pam Brock. Nicola Brown organized the swap, and we were supposed to make something handmade, give the person a wonderful recipe, and buy them something that we thought they might like.
I am including the recipe here, as I thought you might like it. Pam swears by it, and I can't wait to try it for the holidays. Here it goes:
Ingredients:
one half cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
one quarter teaspoon salt
one and one third cups pecan halves or one and a quarter cups coarsely chopped pecans
pastry for 9-inch pie
Directions:
Combine first 3 ingredients, cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and dissolves. Cool slightly. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt to mixture, mix well.
Pour filling into unbaked pastry shell and top with pecan halves. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until set.
Serve warm or cold.
Does that sound yummy or what?
Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Wonderful post for you today..PoorJoe, missed out again :-(
that scarf looks so soft and warm.
How very special to receive those gifts ... scarf sounds wonderful, just in time for your Irish weather! Thank you for the recipe, my Hubby loves Pecan Pie... Blessings to you, Dzintra
Post a Comment