I just received this lovely postcard from KR, who is in my Postcard Pizazz Group. I was very touched by it, as she said that she did it "just because" she was thinking of me. It is really beautiful, but KR's cards always are. The butterflies, the beautiful tones of blue, and the gold threads were wonderful!Thanks so much for brightening up my day with such an artistic, gorgeous card and for thinking of me. Mine will be on its way soon to NYS.
Hugs,
Micki
9 comments:
That's beautiful! Wow! Lucky you. :-)
You'd asked for a tutorial on the crocheted dishcloth I just finished... email me at featherduster17 at gmail dot com and I'll send you the instructions.
A very lovely Post Card, to surprise you. :-)
Thank you much for your good wishes, which you left in my blog comments.
I'd love to know which friend, pointed you to my blog? If you care to tell me, would you please do so, in a Comment in my blog? {I find this is the best way to respond to people, and visa versa, because we simply don't always have the time to return to where we asked a question. -smile-}
And wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnderful that you're reading the 'Twilight' series! I, two of my Granddaughters, two Daughters in Law are all fans of this series. And we went to the film of 'Twilight,' together too. Great fun!
I'll mark down the series you suggested. It's nice to have reading ideas, ahead of time. Right now, I'm into a couple of Victorian and Edwardian series. Just fun, and mysteries in a way, and romantic. I love the description of life in those eras, most of all.
And I'm also re-reading "New Moon," because they're making the film of this 'Twilight' series book, right now.
If you'd like, I can give you links to Net sites, which deal with the 'Twilight' series. But perhaps you'd like to wait till you've completed all 4 books, so as not to be "spoiled" ahead of time. ,-)
You sound as if you and your husband have a lovely and romantic story. Yes, I read your post about your coming Ann. Happy Anniversary, ahead of time!
Aunt Amelia,
"If not now, when?" ~Rabbi Hillel
What a nice card! Are the butterflies embroidered? I see I still have a lot to learn concerning amc´s.
KATRIN W.
What a beautiful card. The blue and silver give it a really luminous quality. Maggi
Micki,
Your card is very beautiful. I enjoy reading your blog regularly. I have gotten somemore of my SBS blocks done, and am going to work on some more tomorrow.
Wilma
This is gorgeous Micki...simply stunning!!! It must be so much fun to collect these...Dzintra
Micki, Thank you for your gracious compliments. The butterflies are fusible-web applique, one of my fave techniques. I love blue, can you tell? Thanks also for your friendship across the pond. Hugs & Dotee Dolls galore...
Ooh you are a lucky girl! I too, have some of KR's wonderful works and I love them all. Kath x
Post a Comment