Saturday, March 21, 2009

Joe's Birthday, Sleeping Beauty, and Ireland Wins the Grand Slam




Today was Joe's 60th birthday, and I got him a new cell phone and wrote a poem for him. However, I got a really bad cold and hacking cough, and I was in bed all day like Sleeping Beauty. Joe watched Ireland Win the Grand Slam in Rugby after beating Wales with a final score of 15-17. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/7954758.stm It was the first time since 1948 that Ireland was crowned the Grand Slam Winners in Rugby. Joe came to the bedroom, and I woke up for a short while to hear the good news. Don 't ask me how I am feeling....achy and weak is a good start, as I have a temperature of 102, but hopefully this weekend, I will sleep my way through a really bad virus.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Feel better soon and congrats to Ireland for winning the grand slam. I miss watching rugby :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Just want to let you know that I am sending you some warmer weather to cheer you up and get well soon - Natima

a good yarn said...

Plenty of bed rest my dear. Hope you feel better soon. Take things easy.

Ann :)

Maggi said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. What a brilliant birthday present for Joe. The match was fantastic but talk about heart stopping with Wales' last kick! Maggi

FeatherDuster said...

Stay in bed and take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

OMG are you saying your Joe's B day is march 21st? My husband Joe was born march 21st too.. how cool is that?
I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Joe!

Congratulations to Ireland!

So sorry you have the flu. Rest. Rest. Rest. As you're doing. Get all better soooooooon!

Aunt Amelia

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

And Happy Belated Birthday to you Joe...my favourite Number Picker!!! And you take care Micki...rest up and read up...Dzintra