I finally put the last strip on and the Thimbleberry quilt and the top is finished. Joe had a heck of a time trying to take a pic of it on our bed. Now, comes the fun part...doing the machine quilting...the part that we all love to do.LOL
I will be going to the quilt shop for the backing and batting and binding, and then I will be quilting away. I was thrilled to have it done. I will try to lay it on the living room floor once it is all quilted, and Joe will take a more direct view, but you will at least get a good idea how it looks on our bed.
I went to the doctor's this AM early, but they told me to come back at 10:40, so I am off to see the doctor in a few minutes. I am feeling better, but getting the top done put me in the best of moods. Then I can come home and get back to my book Eclipse.
I hope that everyone enjoys Monday...I always love the beginning of a new week!
PS: I just got back from the doctor's..It seems a have a viral infection and bronchitis. I am wheezing too alot, so that is a concern, so it back to rest, drinking alot and using vicks inhaler. I didn't tell him that I sewed a bit this morning...Well, I only did my last strip, so now, I have been restricted to rest at home. UGH! Thank God, I have Eclipse to read.
17 comments:
Your Thimbleberry quilt top is very lovely! Congratulations on finishing it; that's a big accomplishment. I hope you're feeling better. I found out over the weekend that my good friend, Virginia, has to have a triple bypass this week; I'm very worried about her! I trust your ailment is nothing so serious?
Get well soon. I can't wait to see that beautiful quilt top all quilted!
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com
Very pretty and while you are sick too! I put borders on wrong sides when I am sick, the virus is brutal. We all had it in this house over the past month. DH is still struggling with it. Hope you are well very soon, and the Dr can give you some meds to kick it fast.
A beautiful quilt top Micki but I had to giggle as from the angle it looked as though Joe might have been lying on top of a wardrobe to take it! Do take it easy and make sure that you don't overdo things even if you start to feel a little better. Hugs Maggi
Lovely quilt! I struggle also with taking a pic of a bed-size quilt and trying to get all the blocks in the frame. Sorry to hear you're under the weather today--hope you have a quick recovery. I was looking at the hexagons you've been doing and was wondering if it's too late to join in on this project...........
Wonderful quilt!
Fabulous Finish!!
Hi Micki,
I am glad you liked the poem. You have a Blessed Day.
Hugs, Katy
Hi Micki. Get better soon and take it easy :)
Your quilt top looks lovely. Congratulations on getting that done.
Here's an idea I saw at another blog. She had her husband attach the finished quilt to the gutter on the outside of her house and took photographs. Looked good. I've also seen someone attach theirs to a clothes line.
Hey Micki, When I saw your new post with finishing quilt top, I thought you did in your sleep? Sorry to hear you have to be in bed a bit longer, but the Eclipse is something to look forward too - Natima
Just gorgeous Micki...Congratulations on the finish!!! And Thank God for Eclipse...Dzintra
Well that is a beautiful quilt. It already looks perfect even before you quilted it.
Hope you fell better soon.
KATRIN W.
Such a beautiful quilt. How are you planning to quilt it? I hope you are feeling better but you must rest.
Take care...Ann :)
Wow, Micki, this really looks lovely! That must give you a good feeling, to be able to look at this gorgeous quilt. I hope you are feeling much better.
Hi Micki!! So sorry to hear that you are sick... I too had a very bad viral infection in December and was very close to being hospitalized because like the energizer bunny I never quit LOL!!! Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. I just got back behind my machine last night and posted for the first time in three weeks. Now seeing your quilt I am feeling sooo inspired, I need to get some of the blocks cut up. You did a fabulous job! Take care of yourself!
The quilt is wonderful, but... Do follow doctor's orders. One of our sons recently had Pneumonia. And it was not easy to get over. Please don't take any chances...
Sorry to be a 'spreader-of-Pneumonia-tidings' but....
And I posted some 'Twilight' site links today. But be warned. Be careful, not to be spoiled. :-)
Aunt Amelia
What wonderful work, well done Micki! Kathx
Micki,
The Thimbleberry Quilt is just lovely. I love the colors of fabric that you have chosen.
Post a Comment