Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Three Siggies and a Dottee Doll



I received three siggies today to add to a growing collection.The first one, which has the acorns in the centre came from Bonnie, in North Carolina. She said that the acorns symbolize Oakboro, NC, as there is a big acorn painted on the water tank in town. Second, I got a siggy from Gidron in Germany. I love her centre black rose. She loves gardening and her favourite flowers are the roses. I wish that you could feel the rose, it is velvety soft. Finally, Marja from the Netherlands, sent me the siggy with the bow. She explained that her middle name Strik means bow, so that is why she used a bow for her centre. Each one of them wrote me a chatty letter, and reading them are such fun. That is why I am keeping all of the letters...they are lovely momentos.

I also got the cutest dottee doll from KR, who lives in New York State and is a member of the Postcard Pizazz Group that I belong to. I love purple and just adored the embellishments that she used. Her hair was especially a riot, and her face and eyes are to die for .

Thank you all so much for such wonderful surprises in our mailbox. Joe brought in the mail, and said the usual, "They are all for you." What a lovely day indeed!

PS: Thanks to everyone who wished me well with my illness. My bronchitis is getting better, so the antibiotics are kicking in. Joe is on them also, as he got what I had, so we are taking care of each other and relaxing at home. I sewed some siggies for the ones that I received.

I also sewed two surprises for someone whom I can't mention, and then I continued to read Breaking Dawn.

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Siggies! I joined last week. I'll mail you this week about it (O:
So, you are really into the Twilight series too. Still finishing the second book and I love it!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Loved all the treasures that came in the mail for you.

Lurline said...

Siggies? - no, sorry I don't know! Your turn to have a pick, Darling - please visit!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Maggi said...

The siggies are lovely and I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Hope Joe recovers soon too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

How cool you are getting all that mail...and looking lovely for your collection...and a cute dolly too...Dzintra

Kath said...

Glad you are both on the mend. I love your purple dotee, her hair reminds me of my own, on a windy day! Kath x