Joe and I hiked all the way to Tramore Beach today, and that is an 8 mile walk to and fro. We had to climb many dunes to get to the
beach.
beach.
As you can see by the pic, the dunes are steep, and they really work your
muscles.As we were climbing, we had spectacular views of New Lake and Muckish Mountain. It was really breathtaking!
muscles.As we were climbing, we had spectacular views of New Lake and Muckish Mountain. It was really breathtaking!
We finally got to Tramore Beach after climbing many dunes, and we were happy to sit on the beach and just look at the sea and Tory Island in the distance.

After a brief rest on the beach,we headed back home and climbed down the dunes. We saw our village in the distance,and boy were we happy , as we were both aching from the miles and miles that we walked.
To get out of the dune area, we have to climb down one style and climb up another one.
Well we are home now, and as Dorothy always said in the Wizard of Oz, "There is no place like home."
Hope everyone's weekend has been lovely so far, and have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
28 comments:
Thanks for the walking tour :) I've always wanted to go to Ireland so this will probably be the closest I'll get!
Lovely, lovely pictures. I love seeing where you live.
The scenery looks beautiful. I live close to the ocean and would really miss it if I moved. You must be tired after the long hike. Helps with you weight loss though.
Looks a beautiful & lovely walk
Hugs Janice
What a gorgeous nature! So lovely!
A long hot bath for you and a glass of medicinal Jamesons! Kath x
That took some energy! Lovely photos too.
beautiful scenery,it would make the walk worth while to see that....
The coastlines of Ireland are so much more breathtaking than anyone can imagine ... I just love your posting pics ... moments to remember.
TTFN ~Marydon
Sounds like an ambitious but nice hike, Micki. Great photos....bet you'll be stiff tomorrow. Eight miles one way is a long trek! Thanks for sharing your pictures.
The scenery looks beautiful. I live not far to the ocean and love it...
Now that was a great walk in the fresh air..
Julia ♥
Thanks for taking us with you on your walking tour. Loved the pictures.
I think I would walk too if I could look at that scenery
Lizzie
XXX
I love the photographs, especially the one of the waves crashing on the beach. :) Can you hear the ocean from your village? I haven't seen a style for years! I wonder how old that rock one is?
gorgeous pics! You are so blessed. :)
Thanks for the hike Micki...a lovely lovely place...I can see how your beach reminds you of ours'...Dzintra♥x
What lovely scenery Micki, thanks for sharing the pics. I went with you all the way. Lovely walk. Hugs Nat
You and your husband take the most wonderful hikes!
I agree with Colleen, your pictures are probably the closest I will ever come to you, so Thank you so very much for sharing this with us.
My hubby and I are walking also and we are up to 4 miles a day and it has helped us a lot.We are lucky that there is a nearby park and it runs along a river -it helps take your mind off of the walk when it gets difficult.
Thanks once again- hope you are not too sore tomorrrow.
hugs,linda
What a huge walk, and to such a beautiful beach too.
YOu live in a gorgeous place Mate!
You had a great hiking tour, the pitcures are so beautifull
8 miles! That's more than a hike but it looks so worth it! What beautiful views.
That must have been a lovely hike, Micki!
Absolutely beautiful! I always feel rejuvenated after a long walk or if I spend time around water.
Lovely Micki. What a green paradise.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing these photos! They are gorgeous!
Please stop by my blog and see the July 17th post as there is something there for you!!
http://stitchingkorner.blogspot.com/
I have always had a fascination about Ireland!! It is so beautiful and I love the Irish accent when I hear it! The people seem so friendly and happy too! Thanks for the pics of your village and your walk! Please keep it up!
Post a Comment