First of all, here is our largest hotel called Arnolds Hotel, which is on the corner of our main street, and is a very bright yellow. It has a really neat bar attached to the hotel called The Whiskey Bar, where Joe and I sit in the snug. Then right across the street is the C
arraig Rua Hotel, a much smaller hotel, but more reasonable.
We have a wee post office, as you can see.
We also have our own quilt shop called Pauline's Quilt Shop and here it is with tons of fabric and all kinds of notions. You can see the website for our quilt shop at: http://www.irishcountryquilting.com/
Of course, we have several pubs. My favorite ones are Molly's Bar, which is a bright red, and has great music sessions and a very cozy atmosphere, Patsy's Bar, which has a night club attached, and McColgan's Bar, which is
always bustling with people.Really, they all have music sessions all the time.

We just got a new Chinese takeaway, and boy do they have great food.
Then, we also have a health food store called The Green Man. He sells all homemade breads, and all kinds of organic and lovely delicacies.
Our largest craft shop on the main street is called McAuliffes, which has tons of Irish crafts and
items to buy. We also have two smaller craft shops in Muck and Muffins and the Workshop.
Right across the street from Arnold's Hotel is a wee park and you can see the sea and the hills.
Also, behind Arnold's Hotel is a stable, and you can hire horses to ride on the beach. This is definitely horse country too, as you will see horses everywhere.
We have other shops, but I have given you a bit of the highlights of the main street in Dunfanaghy.
34 comments:
You can never post enough pics of Ireland ... the memories lingers long & strong of our visit. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon
O, I Agree with Blushing Rose!
Never too many pictures ! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I feel like I have strolled right along with you. How was the weather? It is 80 over here in VA.
Great pictures - looks like a perfect walk!
Hey thanks for that! YOur town is so different looking to here... very old and ENGLISH looking!
Here is very different, no really really old buildings at all... our country is faily new compared to yours.
I loved seeing it all!
Thank you for a lovely tour of your town. I can see why you love living there so much.
Lovely photos. Thank you for taking us on a virtual tour of your town.....almost as good as being there in person. Looks like you have a great quilting shop there too! :)
Oooo, Micki your town is really lovely. Funny we have a new Chinese place down the road too...it's called Great Wall too!
how lovely.....what a great place to live
What a gorgeous small town...how I envy you.
Enjoy every minute of it Micki. I love looking at your pictures too.
Thanks Micki. Your pictures took me back to our visit in '94. The craic in the pub, Joe's new oilskin flatcap flying from his head into the abyss at the Cliffs of Mohr, tin whistles and Smithwicks. Oh...I belong there with the bones of my ancestors.
Thanks for the pics of your town. It is so nice to be able to share pics.
Micki, I love the colourfull building you have got there. I remember when we visited Thanks for the tours. My favorite is the Green in orange building!!!
So beautiful! I'd love to visit Ireland eventually. Love the pictures of the cities as well as the countryside.
Nice pictures!
Great pictures - looks like a perfect walk!
There's nothing quite like a lovely old Irish Pub..
Julia ♥
Lovely post Micki, thanks for the pics. Reminds me of when we lived in Laytown, love Kath
I wish i can book my ticket to come & visit it looks a beautiful town & thank you for showing us it
Hugs Janice
This was a fun way to show us your place. I love the quilt shop and the craft stuff, and my doughter love horseriding so this would have been great to visit. Thanks for sharing :-) Have a great day
I loved the tour of your town. It really is charming. I would love to hear the music sessions. I play some violin but want to hear how it is "supposed" to be fiddled. Our town festival is this week, I will take photos so you can have a virtual tour of my little northern town soon.
s me want to be there. Thanks for the little look at your village.
Yeah, I too love the photos you post. and I know how long it takes to post, put them where you want...then write the thoughts with them too. thanks for taking the time.
I still cannot put you on my blogroll..don't know why it kicks me to 2006, weird. Just know that I read you all the time!
I think you should get some cowboy hats for those riders though!
Thank you Micki! I want to come back!
I left a piece of my heart in Ireland....
What a lovely town Micki...makes me want to walk through...sit and enjoy the pub...go to the shops...Dzintra♥x
What a GREAT town! Just love it!
Thanks so much for sharing, Micki.
How charming! I love that you have taken the time to post these lovely pictures of your town!
Great pitcures, do you also have a quiltshop in your town, than I would think about to visit your town ;o)
Thanks for the tour around your town. It looks like a lovely place! I have always wanted to visit Ireland! All the pics that I have ever seen just seem to draw me in! Maybe one day!
Very interesting!! Thank you for those wonderful pics, I could study them for hours!! first question: are there any American-made vehicles there? I tried to see the makes of all the cars in the pics and could not make all of them out. second question: I saw a pop can laying in the street, do you have recycling/deposit on cans and bottles there?
oh, I have thousand more, but will try to squelch them. :-)
What a charming town you live in, Micki. I enjoyed the tour - thank you for sharing with us.
Your town looks very charming. Was it a difficult adjustment after living in the US?
Great to see where you live! Thank you for showing us around (O:
Thanks for all of the lovely photos, I cannot wait to get back there. The view of the town if fantastic. And you can never have too many photos of Ireland in my book.
What a cute little town. Thank you for sharing.
Great photos Micki :)
Post a Comment