
Let me tell you about the surprise first...Mel celebrated the anniversary of her first post, and she did a drawing of the names of the people who commented, and I won. You can see it here. Congrats to Mel for her anniversary. She is going to have a party at her blog on the 28th and 29th, so stop by as she will be having some giveway prizes, a free pattern and I am sure lots of fun events. Thanks so much Mel.... I don't know what I won, but I love surprises!
The funny event involved my finishing the Stars and Stripes quilt top. I was so excited, so I wanted a pic of it to show you all, but the quilt turned out rather larger than I thought it would be. Joe couldn't get the entire quilt in the shot, so you will all have to wait till I quilt it and finish it so that we can hang it up on the wall and get a proper shot. The funny part was that Joe brought a ladder from the shed, and tried all kinds of maneuvers with the camera... You should have seen him standing on the highest rung of the ladder to hold the camera real high to try to get a pic of the whole quilt Well, we had the quilt on the floor and on the bed, and it was just impossible to get a direct shot of the whole quilt. Well, Joe was sweet to try, but tomorrow, I will start the machine quilting, and should have it done in a few days, so you can see it hanging on the wall. It has turned out beautifully, so I was t
hrilled with that!
hrilled with that!Oh, The Rose of Tralee is on tv today and tomorrow. This festival is an international event whereby Roses are chosen in various countries, and come to Tralee, which is in County Kerry, for the selection of the Rose of Tralee. All of the women have to be of Irish heritage or from Ireland. Needless to say, I am cheering for the Rose of Philadelphia, and I have included her pic. Cross your fingers for the Philly girl.
19 comments:
Congratulations on yet another win! Can't wait to see the finished top. Looks like you are going to have to make your quilts smaller at this rate before Joe gets vertigo. Maggi
Well , Micki - I am not for sure if you have had more fun "making it" or "attempting to take a picture of it"! At least you will have the sweet memory of Joe helping you!There is nothing like a partnership!
Congratulations on your win!! What fun! And I am looking forward to seeing your quilt. Hope that Joe can get a good picture.
Micki, would you enter for me in giveaways in the future so that I can actually "win" something?! ;)
Your Joe is such a great sport for his attempts - very sweet!!!
And I enjoyed your wedding story.
Congratulations! and so I'm anxious to see your quilt!, Andrea
Congatulations. Aren't winning the giveaways fun? You are so lucky. Can't wait to see you stars and stripes quilt - hugs Nat
Congratulations on your win Micki...my you are a Lucky Duck!!! Dzintra♥x
Congrats on the win, you deserve it! It's quite a haul!!
I wish I could've see your Joe trying to take that photo, you made it sound very funny! Taking quilt photos very often is! especially with people holding one, and then when you get the photos back (before digital) you find you were concentrating so hard on the quilt being in focus you've missed that the people holding it were doing something silly, like rude faces...
Congratulations on another win, the girl is gorgeous. I'll root for her.
Congrats!
Joe sounds like a keeper. He sure was working real hard to help you get a picture.
I have my fingers crossed for you 'Rose of Philly', looking forward to seeing your quilt all finished.
Lizzie
XXX
Congrats on your win!
I will be cheering for Philly too!
Zlaty
Micki
I really can't wait to see your quilt...I have been admiring as you have been working on it.
I think Joe sounds very sweet to work so hard for us!
Congrats on your win too!
x lori
How much fun can it be to have another win! And I loved reading about Joe trying to get your quilt on the picture. Such a patient man (O:
this comment is late and I have seen the finished quilt, but I have to tell you. The first stop we made on our first trip to Ireland was Tralee and a lovely town it is. You will have to let us know who wins.
Oh, Micki, you should have had a video camera on Joe, I would have LOVED to see his antics trying to get a good shot of the quilt top! tee hee
Another win? you lucky girl!
Hey Micki!
Thank for linking to my blog!
Interesting info about the Rose of Tralee, I love learning through blogs!
Congratulations!
Mystica
Post a Comment