Monday, August 10, 2009

Bunker Hill Block and a Good Read


Right after breakfast, Joe suggested that I go back to bed and read my book...He heated up the bed, and I really enjoyed a lovely, comfy two hours of reading in bed....I was terribly spoiled. I am reading the first in a series of books called Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati. It is 876 pages, and it is really a good read. You can see the book at Amazon here.


After lunch I made another block for the Stars and Stripes Sampler wallhanging. This one is a 12 inch block called Bunker Hill, and it is all machine pieced.
I now have four more blocks to sew in order to finish the wallhanging. I can't wait to put all of the blocks together!

I am off to put dinner on, and then Joe and I will take a nice long walk.

Boy, the weekend flew, and another new week has begun. Time is really flying!

35 comments:

Nedra said...

What a nice husband you have. I love to snuggle down in bed with a good book. It'a almost like a vacation to be able to do that.

blushing rose said...

My DH would have suggested the same for me ... I love good books but never get into the hang of reading in bed. Glad you had a wonderful time ... TTFN ~Marydon

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Beautiful square!

Judy S. said...

That is a good read; all of them are! Love that new block too.

Kath said...

Yes, another new week and my husband has just flown out to Europe until 25th. Still, I got lots of house painting done today, with my story tapes to save my sanity! Kath x

Heckety said...

I love a good book (or several). I haven't seen that block before, I like it.

Mrs Quilty said...

Now that's a husband you better keep around and treat him nice! So considerate! I also love your block and the colors in it. Nice! I will keep in mind that author as I love reading and have to have a good book going. Have a wonderful week~

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl!

Mrs Quilty said...

That's a husband to keep around! How considerate! I love that block and the colors...will be so fun to put them altogether too. Love a good book so will keep that author in mind when I run out. Have a good week, Micki!

Anonymous said...

Hey Micki. I love those books! Oddly enough, I was trying to remember the name of the author on the weekend to order them again from the library. Serendipity or what!

Rachelle x

Rena said...

Your block is wonderful, never saw it before !!!

I love it

Rena

Jocelyn said...

Love your block. Can't wait to see your Sampler finished :-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

You will so enjoy those books Micki!!! And lucky you being able to go back to bed to read for 2 hours!!! Great looking block too...Dzintra♥x

PurestGreen said...

What a fantastic morning you have had. My beloved often spoils me and I never tire of it. After this summer is over I'm going to treat myself to just such a morning as you have had. Maybe my honey will even make my breakfast. :)

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Micki, what a nice husband you have. My husband would never think of such a thing. Can I borrow yours?

retdairyqueen said...

You are very lucky to be so spoilt
Love the new block Can't wait to see it finished

Unknown said...

What a sweetie-pie your Joe is....sounds like a lovely day!
and I like your block!
hugz
Pam

Zlaty said...

That is a good husband! Great idea to go back to bed to read your book!

The block came out very nice!

Keep going!

Zlaty

Granny Lyn said...

Oh, you little princess, you! tee hee

A warmed bed and a book, my how do you stand all that goodness? You must be such a wonderful wife to have such a wonderful husband!

Julia said...

Love that block Micki...
Your Joe is a keeper for sure!
Julia ♥

Betsy said...

Micki your block is beautiful and the book you are reading sounds like a keeper. I have not read a good book in a long time.

Nat Palaskas said...

Nice block to go in your Stars and Stripes sampler. Your points are perfect. Love the color combo - Hugs Nat

Lori Holt said...

I'm really enjoying your blocks and this one is wonderful as well...thanks for the tip on a good book series, i'm ready to listen to a new one as I am in my studio working...I'll have to reserve it at my library...
I hope they have it.
x Lori

Annelies said...

This is a beautiful block Micki.

Anonymous said...

You have a great hubby to do that for you. I love days when you can get into bed or a comfy chair and do some reading.

Love the block,love seeing each one you have done and can't wait to see them all together.

Willow

Searchfamilies said...

What a thoughtful thing for Joe to do, a Great block well done
Hugs Janice

Marlene said...

I love that block-what is it called? You deserve to be spoilt.

Marlene said...

Oops, didn't read that post properly!! Got the block name!

Chris H said...

Most of the 12inch blocks I have made are machine stitched.
That one you just did is really neat, I havn't done that one.

Patty said...

I love that book, read it twice matter of fact. I read the whole series too. Your block looks great. Sounds like you have a keeper for a husband too! =-)

scraphappy said...

It sounds like bliss. Your square is lovely. I've seen the split half square triangles in a star block, but those black stripes really add a nice touch

CindyMae said...

Love the new block, it is gorgeous! What a nice hubby you have!!! Sounds like a wonderful 2 hours!

SewCalGal said...

How sweet of Joe to encourage you to go relax in bed & read a good book. Oh, how I too enjoy spending time reading. That may be why I enjoy boating so much, as it seems to be the only time I can lock myself away, for a few hours, and read.

I've heard good feedback about the book you are reading, but have not yet found time to read it. I'll definitely add it to the top of my list for future reads.

Your quilt project is absolutely beautiful. I'm not familiar with the design and can't wait to see it finished.

Please keep us posted.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

a good yarn said...

You are spoiled!...and deserve it. That's a striking block and I'm enjoying your progress on this project. Ann :)

M. Regina said...

BEAUTIFUL BLOCK, I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS BLOCK BEFORE. hUGS FROM bRAZIL