I joined a Rooster Party that is being hosted by Barb at her blog called Bella Vista. I decided to make a Rooster Pot holder. There is something about Roosters....They are just so cute. This one is made from various colours of felt fabric...Not functional at all, just decorative!
Joe and I also saw Harry Potter this weekend, and it was magical. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it, as you will love it. The actors have all grown up so much since the first movie, and it just made me realize how quickly time was flying by.
I was also busily making four siggies to post tomorrow in the mail, as I got requests to swap siggies from various countries around the world.
Happy Sunday to all!
PS: Sharon from Daffycat and Laurie from Indulge Yourself asked me what a siggy was. It is a block that you sign in the middle with your name, city, and country, and really you can put anything in the centre that represents you.... I have a stamp that I use for the centre of the block which has the map of Ireland, and my name, city and country on it with a shamrock on the map showing where I live. I joined the International Siggy Group, and I have exchanged siggies from all over the world. I love reading the letters that come with the blocks, and I have kept all of them. I now have over 110 blocks, but I need more siggies to make a double sized quilt. Anyways, Annelies van den Bergh is in charge of the group and you can see her blog here.
There are also siggies on that page, so anyone interested in seeing some, I have posted mine on my blog, but Annelies has tons for you to see. If you want to join the group, you can email her and ask to join....It is great fun!

19 comments:
1. I love that rooster!
2. I feel the same way about the Harry Potter movies.
3. What's a siggie?
Cute rooster! I love the sunrise colors!
I liked Harry Potter too...I just can't wait for the next. Did you hear they were making #7 into two movies?
Um, what is a siggie???
Mickie,
You finally got to see Harry Potter! Yippee! I love the story sooo much and thoroughly enjoyed the movie! I cannot wait for the next two movies! It is a shame that it all ends...pooo....too bad JK can't write another story about the group all grown up! There must be another story in her! maybe later on! Oooooo....I love the rooster...my fav colors there!!!!
hugz
Pam
Hi, it`s me a little chicken, called Rena :0)))
Micki your rooster is so much funny and he looks very proud :o)))
love,
Rena
Glad the 2 of you finally got to see Harry Potter. I loved it too! A rooster party? Gotta check this out!
Looks like you're having a good weekend, and keeping yourself very busy! Enjoy.
The rooster is great, love it! I have not seen the new Harry Potter but I can not wait to see it!!!
You are such a busy bee Micki, sounds like you are enjoying it all. I didn't get into all the HP hype years ago, so now I have to start at the beginning with the books I think or maybe audio while I sew!!
Lizzie
XXXX
Hi Mickie! Glad you have had a nice weekend! I love your rooster! Very cute! I have never seen Harry Potter movies....can't get interested really! How wonderful to have all those blocks signed by blogger friends! WOW!
Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter. The rooster is so cute - Nat
Love the rooster!
Hello Micki,
At the moment I am the owner of 1482 siggies. (signature squares). I am swapping since 2004. Thank you for mentioning me on your blog !
Love the Roster
Not sure when i will get to see the latest HP film but will be looking forward to it especially when it on DVD then i will have it in my collection.
What a great idea to have a stamp for your siggy blocks now that is something i could do with just as it saves the problem of having pens for them
Hugs Janice
Micki the potholder is delightful. It make a perfect pair with mine.
I did see the new Harry Potter movie and it seems so strange they are all so grown up. I did enjoy it very much. Now if you send me a mailing address I would love to send you a siggie for your collection. I have just signed up for one and cannot wait to get working on mine and get some back.
I like your rooster, put I don't like Harry Potter ( I'm sorry, don't be mad pleeeeaaaasssse), but I hope you had a wonderfull time.
Cute rooster. I have a bit of Rooster fabric as well ( don't we all!!) I should think of something to do with it. I was think a tea cosy or oven mitts. Maybe a new little wall hanging. Good idea though - thanks for the links.
Lola over at andsewon likes roosters too! Ann :)
That's really interesting! This past week, I had my bridal shower, and my sister did something similar. She had everyone make a surprise square for me, and there were no rules! I got so many different squares, but my sister is sewing it because I don't yet know how to quilt. It was the sweetest thing, though, and I can't wait to have it done. I wish I had told her to mail you one. She mailed one to our friend in New Zealand, but since it was a surprise, I didn't know. :)
Post a Comment