Friday, August 28, 2009

Show Us Your Roosters Blog Party


Barb from Bella Vista is having her Rooster Party today. Some of you saw my rooster potholder which was all machine applique, but I am putting it up for the party again, and this morning, I made a Rooster Pincushion for my friend Dawn which is all embroidered in the front, and I included that too for all of you to see. Welcome to all the guests who come to visit and see the roosters!!!!! The rooster in the potholder is named Harry, and the one in the pincushion is named Foghorn. They are both sending their " cockadoodledoos" to you and big hugs from Ireland.I will have many blogs to visit to see all the roosters doing their appropriate and very unique "cockadoodledoos" for the party. Thanks Barb for a fun party!!!!!!!












I need a bit of a celebration...I can't believe what I did, but my dog Rufus came in from the rain, and wet the floor, and guess who had a fall like Humpty Dumpty...Me, of course! Well, every bone in my body is hurting. I injured my arm, leg and hip, and boy do I ache! Well, Joe said I missed this fancy chest we have by a mere few inches, so he was relieved that I did not hit my head on that. Well, I am ready for a Rooster Party for sure.


Joe took me out to McColgans's Pub at around 11:30 AM to have some drinks and forget about my aches and pains. This is the usual look of an Irish Pub, and the ambience inside is just so nice too. I had two Baileys and boy did I need that. We sat in a really cool area called a snug. I will be resting the rest of the afternoon with my feet up, feeling sorry for myself, and waiting for the party tonight.






48 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hope you are okay Micki? A visit to the pub would help a little I hope? Poor you! Hugs Nat

Jocelyn said...

Oh Micki, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. You are probably going to hurt more tomorrow. Guess you and I will have to take it easy for a few more days. I'm still hobbling around with my sprained foot. And it is just NO fun!! Take care, girl.

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Hi Micki,
Hope you are feeling better. Sorry about your fall. Anyway, I love your pincushion and potholder. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing. Happy Rooster Day!:-)

Blessings,
♥Ana

Tammy said...

OH NO Micki!
Please take care and feel better soon.

carole ann said...

Micki is there anything that a trip to the pub would not cure. Take it easy and hope you are not too sore. BTW I ordered some Sara Donati books yesterday, they look good.

Barb said...

Hi Micki, what adorable rooster things. The pillow is adorable.

Take good care of yourself...I am sorry to hear about the fall.

Thank you for joining and being a special part of this day.

Barb :-)

Deb said...

I'm guessing Bailey's is not on the Mediterranean diet..If it were, I could lose a lot of weight. Hope you feel better soon.

LV said...

Loved your rooster post. I am sorry things are not going well for you now, but it will get better. Hang in there. Glad you felt like stopping by place. Do so again next Tuesday, 9-1.

Judy S. said...

So glad you didn't break anything, Micki, and hope you quit aching real soon. Baileys ought to ease the pain; my idea of a fine cure: Baileys along with a Donati book! Take care. I'm anxious to see your pincushion. I just got a rooster pattern and am wondering whenther it's the same one... Hugs.

Mrs Quilty said...

Oh Micki, I feel so bad for you.....thank goodness it wasn't worse BUT aches and pains are no fun and take awhile to recover from....take it easy and rest up!! Those rooster items are adorable and at least you can do hand work while you are sitting!! You poor thing!!

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Baileys does wonder for aches and pains. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

I have to laugh at the fact that you went out for drinks. Its not at all funny that you fell, though. Sorry to hear you are achey. It is a terribly rainy day here, too. I don't think its so terrible because I happen to love rainy days, excluding the headache I get from the change in pressure. Have fun with the rooster party! I can't say I'm all that into roosters, so I have nothing to share. Feel Better!

Unknown said...

Hi fellow party goer, Great rooster cushion!, Hope your feeling better, Have a great weekend!x

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Cute roosters! I hope the rooster party makes you feel better!

Take care!

Katherine

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Sorry to hear about your tumble, but the Pub sounds like great medicine.

Jane said...

Sorry to hear that you fell, I hope you aren't too sore. I love your rooster pincushion. It has such a nice vintage feel to it. Enjoy your weekend.

Mumzie said...

I hope you are on the road to recovery this afternoon. The Pub was an excellent idea, take care my friend and have a great party tonight. Mumzie :)

Eileen said...

Oh, I hope you are recovered!
Well, the Bailey's can't hurt now can it?!
I love your roosters!
And I love anything Irish!
I'll have to come back when the house is quiet and peruse your blog!
I'm loving it!
All the best,
Eileen

Granny Lyn said...

ouchie-wouchie! Sure glad you missed that chest! whew,

now, take and Advil and lay down to read a book, the bad news is that it will feel worse tomorrow,,,sorry!

Betsy said...

ok, so instead of rushing to the hospital you suggest a trip to the pub??? I like that alot. Love the roosters. I hope you are feeling better. (Keep the baileys near by, in case. LOL)

JKW said...

Ouch, you did manage to put up your fantastic roosters. Take care. Blessings, Janet

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I came over to wish you well with your leg, which you said was hurting. And now, you've fallen and are hurting more and again. -le sigh-

Gentle hugs...

blushing rose said...

Oh, Micki, they are wonderful. Happy shamrock weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Coloradolady said...

Love your rooster pillow...that is just so very cute! Have a great weekend.

Miriam said...

Oh Dear Micki!! I hope you are not in too much pain.

Take care.

Liz said...

Oh Micki,glad that you are OK, those muscles are going to be painful for a few days. Voice of experience here, I 'forgot' about the second step at our local post office two weeks ago, thank goodness for a Titanium hip is all I will say about that. Take care my friend,
Lizzie
XXX

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! LOVE your rooster potholder and pincushion!! I really appreciate the homemade things the BEST!... I am so sorry to hear about the spill you took on wet floor! I hope you're feeling better soon. In the meantime.. I'm glad the drinks are helping! (0; I'd share my rooster wine if I could! Have a wonderful weekend! ~tina

marina said...

What wonderful Medicinal properties Baileys has! Glad you didn't hurt yourself more seriously.
Rest and Enjoy your rooster party.

Lurline said...

What bad luck! Hope you get over the aches and pains soon - make sure you keep taking your 'medicine'!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Love the rooster! Enjoyed the party!

Irma :)

Vintage To Chic said...

So sorry to hear about your fall but a party always makes us fill better,
Hugs,
Judy

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Micki,

Sorry to hear about your fall - hope you get to feeling better soon.

What a fun rooster post! That embroider rooster is stunning, and so is your Stars and Stripes Quilt. You are a fast worker.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope you're ok! Falls can really set someone back!

Love the pincushion!

Chris H said...

Sorry about ya fall mate. Hope the Baileys helped!

Searchfamilies said...

Hope that you be okay, bumps & bruises can be more painful than if you did something more & then there is the lovely shades you go when getting bruises & them going you take care
Hugs Janice

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Micki...I like those 2 'medicinal' Baileys...hope you're feeling a lot better and not too sore...Dzintra♥x

Laurie said...

Very nice rooster pincushion!! I hope your heal quickly!

Maggi said...

Oh Micki, you poor thing, so easy to do and so lucky that it was not worse. Take care. Maggi

Bunny said...

Hope your are on the mend. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Keep well and the pub visit would be right up my alley.

SewCalGal said...

This rooster party looks like so much fun. Your roosters are very cute.

I hope the Irish beer helped you get some time to relax and feel better. Maybe a good nap, time to read in bed?

webbsway said...

Is there ANYTHING that you cannot do??? (including fall??? ~smile~)

I am so sorry that you had to take a tumble! But I hope you get better really quickly - you can't afford to miss out on your walks with Joe , while the weather is so beautiful.

Get better fast.
Love, Linda

Doris Sturm said...

Sorry to hear about your fall and I hope you're feeling alright!

I enjoyed looking at your roosters and looking at your blog.

Nice to meet you and hope to see you real soon!

Stella said...

Sorry to hear you had a tumble. Glad you weren't badly hurt. And some Baileys should soothe your soul if not your body. Custe little rooster you made. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, sorry to hear about your fall, not pleasant....a nip of Bailey's sounds good to me...Warm Regards Lyn

juls4real said...

Geez, I hope you are feeling better. Have another Baileys. Really love your pot holder.

Juls

Anonymous said...

I hope this note finds you feeling better Mickey. I just love your blog. I'm Irish too :>) You rooster pillow and pot holder is very pretty.

Sarah said...

Sorry about your fall. Hope you are better. I realize I'm a bit late arriving. It's been a busy weekend away from the computer! Thanks for sharing in the rooster party. If you have time, stop by my place for some more rooster fun. Sarah @ hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Hi I love yor Rooster, Yes I am still trying to get to all the great party's.... I am having a give-a-way to celebrate my 1 month Blogoversary.... Please stop over at my place to celebrate ...