I received two siggies in the mail today. One was from Annette who is from Utah. She put a lovely daisy in the centre, as it is her favorite flower.She also wrote me that her husband gives her daisies all the time...How romantic is that! The other siggy was from Mary, who was from Pittsburg, Kansas...Well, I heard of Pittsburgh in my homestate of PA, but I will be honest and say that I never heard of Pittsburg in Kansas. Mary put Sunbonnet
Sue in the centre,and I thought that was so cute!Thanks to both of you for beautiful siggies.
Joe and I also went to Stranolar as I had an appointment with the Audiology Clinic there. I have been losing my hearing in both of my ears, and I have noticed a real problem especially the last two years. I especially have a problem with understanding conversations in a room full of people, if there are background noises and particularily with high frequency sounds. Well, the news was that I have moderate/severe hearing loss in both ears...not an age related problem. She referred me to a hearing specialist, and she said that he might give me a MRI, and further tests to determine why I am having the hearing problems in both ears.Well, needless to say, this wasn't the best of days. The good news was that I would be getting digital hearing aids, but we are waiting to hear what the specialist says.
It will be nice to hear the movement of the grass blades...that's what Joe says that I will hear once I get my hearing aids...I tend to doubt that, but you never know.LOL I would like to hear again the sound of rain on the roof of our cottage. That would be so nice! Gee, I hope that I didn't give you all too much of an earful...look what happened to Harry Potter!!!!!

We are home now...I wasn't in the mood to sew, but I watched Oprah and the Ellen Degeneres Show....I always get a good laugh especially from Ellen, and boy was I laughing!

We decided that we would have a fun day in Letterkenny on Saturday....a movie is just what we need. We will have to check out what is playing, but I will post what we finally decided to see. I think I need a day out.
Off to read my book...I am enjoying Into The Wilderness so much by Sara Donati...I really do highly recommend the book once again!
32 comments:
Beautiful siggies! Once you get hearing aids you'll be able to hear what everyone is saying around you. They are going to have to remember that you can hear them muttering now. LOL
These siggies are really beautiful. I can't wait to see how you use them. I'm sure this quilt will be delightful.
And I agree, it will be nice to have hearing aids and listen to the rain.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
How fun that one of your siggies is from Utah. I noticed she is from Ogden, which is almost to the top of the state. I live at the very most southern city. In fact, we are quite near the Nevada state line.
Those are lovely siggies. Sorry about the hearing. My Dad recently got digital hearing aids and he's a new person, we wonder why he denied having a problem for so long. And the aids are very small too, not noticible. I hope they get yours sorted quickly.
Beautiful siggies Micki! I hope all goes well with your hearing aids and the specialist only has good news for you.
I love hearing the rain on the roof, hope you will enjoy that again very soon.
Beautiful siggies, and good luck at the doctor's. It will be nice to hear the little things again.
Enjoy your Saturday out.
Hi Micki, I am so sorry to hear about your hearing loss, but glad that you will be helped with the hearing aids.
I do have a question, what are siggies?
Willow
Lovely blocks Micki! Sorry to hear about your hearing..Im sure all will be fine!!
As a mother of 2 teenage girls and a school teacher of 27, 10 year olds I think it would be a godsend sometimes not to hear them...but not all the time of course!
Have a lovely day, Cathy
Micki...thanks for showing my siggie. I'm glad you like it. I have to point out, though, that my Pittsburg doesn't have an "h" on the end. We just have to be different I guess! LOL.
Forgot to say I"m glad you'll be getting your hearing aids. I have substantial hearing loss in both ears and have had for some time. No hearing aids for me though unless/until our health care system makes a few changes.
Wonderful Siggies, Micki,
I am sure the specialist will fix you up just great so it will be easier for you to hear.
I was going to read Sara Donati Wilderness series last summer and then ran out of time when school went back in- Once school is in, I don't seem to read that much at night- I am asleep before you know it!
I am reading the Stephanie Plum mysteries by Janet evanovich- the first one is One for the Money and there are 15 of them. She is very funny and it is an easy read.
Perhaps I will get back to the Wilderness series yet.. Happy reading.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Hi Micki,
We just had the "mother" of all thunderstorms! I also love the sound of the rain hitting the window panes and the rooftops and today the pavement. It was one of the most fantastic light shows with booming thunder....I am sadd to hear of your hearing loss, but happy to know that soon you will be hearing the grass grow! Excellent!
Oh about the siggie blocks....are you asking for blocks? Would you like one from me.....My computer is funky today, so if I don't reply back, just send me email at
autumnstylequeen@yahoo.com
of your snail mail addy.... You need not send me anything....just want my blocks in your quilt! I love your quilts!
hugz
Pam
Micki - the siggie blocks are just lovely! The quilt will be beautiful and so unique! I'm so sorry to read about your hearing loss. I hope they get it sorted out soon - and the hearing aids will be a tremendous help. I've been wanting to mention to you that I really enjoyed listening to the Dubliners tunes in your list - some of those I haven't heard in years. I hope you'll be enjoying all your favorites sounds soon. Hoping that you and Joe have a fun, carefree day in Letterkenny! Take care....piece. Jean
Aren't those siggy blocks just delightful.A quilt of blocks will have such an amazing story to tell.
So sorry about your hearing loss and hope all goes well with the specialist. To hear the rain again will be magical as will all the other sounds you haven't realised you have missed. Thinking of you.
Good looking siggies there Micki!!! I do hope the aids will help you hear that rain on the roof again!!!
Hello, Micki, I don't know what does "siggy" mean? My englisch is not well, then I have to search in the dictionary several words, but siggy I dind't find. Hugs from Brazil
Sorry about your hearing problem. I do hope that they are able to get it sorted out quickly for you. I was listening to the radio this morning and they interviewed an opera singer who kept her deafness a secret for many years and still managed to achieve success. She did say that the new digital aids can be selective in the frequency they improve rather than just magnifying everything which has made things so much better for her as the loss of higher frequency sounds ad meant that she was starting to struggle with conversations. Maggi xx
I like the idea of the siggies blocks How many do you have now?
Hope all goes well with the ears This aging process isn't fun is it?
Iam having terrible trouble with my eyes Hardest part of any hand sewing I do is threading the needle
Take care
Cute siggies!!!You will have the NEATEST quilt!!
Sad about your hearing Micki but happy it can be helped with the hearing aides!!
Yes you and Joe both need a fun day out!!
We have had horrid storms here so been off line some. I miss our old home with the metal roof.. was awesome to go to sleep hearing the rain!!
Hugs!!
What a huge coincidence!! I just logged onto your blog to read your latest entry and the song that started playing was "Fields of Athenry", you already know the story about my Grandad, well this was his favourite song and we played it at his funeral. I very rarely get to hear it, but when I do it sends shivers through me. Thank you for a wonderful start to my day.
What lovely siggies, how many is that now? Are they a particular size. I saw Julie and Julia last weekend and it was just lovely. Both ladies had delightful husbands (much like ours). There was also a blog as well as lots of cooking. I don't cook much, but I am reading the book now and have an uncontrollable urge to make potato soup.
Your siggies quilt is going to be really pretty, Micki. So sorry to hear about your hearing problem, but glad it can be helped at least. Big hugs!
Micki , I am so sorry about your hearing loss. You have my uttmost compassion , as I too am having problems too. I will be very anxious to hear what your MRI shows. I do understand your missing the sounds! They are like songs that nature sings.
Ummm.. WHAT is a siggie? I thought it was a cigarette to begin with!
Hearing.. yep I struggle to understand conversations in a crowded, noisy room too... but I can still hear the rain! I hope your hearing aides work really well!
micky,
i love ireland ... and i have never placed my foot on its soil. i'll tell you why. my father was born in belfast in 1933. it is my family heritage. my grandfather was a policeman in belfast during the bombings. our family in ireland runs baird transport, a shipping company from northern ireland.
my father left in 1955 to go to canada. met my mom ... married, then i was born. my whole life was impacted by an irishman who put off going back to ireland for another day ... until his health failed and made it too difficult for him to return. i have never been there and i have been many many places.
i love the irish (north and south). they are the very fabric of all that came before me. my oldest daughter is erin! all 5 of my kids had irish names.
love live ireland.
nikonsniper steve
Lovely siggies, i know what you mean about not hearing the conversation it everything else, i have one hearing aid & i must say i still have trouble if i am in the car because of engine noise also in shopping centres (malls) when you have a lot of kids shouting, we don't have them local so it not so bad.
Hope you don't have to wait to long to see the specialist & you will get your hearing aids quickly you will notice things you forgot about for sure well take care
Hugs Janice
Dear One, I understand the issue of hearing loss. It's been going on with me, for years. Seems I have the same "type" as my mother had. Surprise, hu? :-)
I had regular hearing aids and they were never comfortable. People have tried to talk me into the wonderful new digital kind. So I will be very interested to find out, your critique of the use of them.
Best of luck!
I love your siggies.
Good luck with your hearung aids !
The siggies are wonderful. They will make a beautiful quilt. Hope you adjus to the hearing aids and they help you enjoy life more.
Nice siggies you have got there Micki. They are going to be great collections for you - I have posted my giveaways so please spread the words for me - Hugs Nat
I do hope you get the hearing aids and that it will help you.
Mystica
I love Ellen! haha When I worked afternoons, I would watch it every morning. The siggies are really cute. I still love the idea. It sounds like you have a good man on your hands, too. I wish we had a bed that could heat up! haha My guy has never told me to go back to bed and read...so sweet. Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment