I received two lovely siggies from a mother and daughter named Laura and Ambre Graham, who reside in Virginia. Both of them wrote me lovely, chatty letters, and I enjoyed reading both of them. Ambre mentioned that she loves animals, and she chose the panda as her logo for the block as it is one of her favorite animals. One of the things that Laura told me was about a pregnant female tabby that her husband rescued, and as a result, she has seven cats, thus the cat in the centre of the block. The two letters were just so friendly and informative, and I thoroughly enjoyed learning all about the two of them.
Both are members of the International Siggy Group. I have been asked by some of you what siggies are. They are blocks that are signed with one's name, city, and country, and then something is in the middle of the block that is significant to the quilter. Many people use stamps for the centre, as it is so much quicker and easier. If you want to buy a stamp, look here for a great site to do just that. It is called Inkspirations. To join the International Siggy Group and exchange siggies, please contact Annelies van den Bergh who is in charge of the group. You can see her blog at http://quiltsandsiggies.web-log.nl/quilts_and_siggies/ and her contact information is there. I love the blocks, but I think that the letters which come with the blocks are the most enjoyable to read. I have kept all of the letters, and hope to one day make a lovely double quilt from the blocks.
Hope this answers your questions about siggies.
12 comments:
Ah-ha I get it now! Siggy is short for signature!! Kath xx
Thanks for the explanation. I love those blocks. Are you building a quilt from siggies people send you? =) Meagan
I think that making a quilt from squares from people all over the world is just a lovely notion.
This is a wonderful idea Micki...you must have quite a collection now...Dzintra♥x
How fun to swap siggies with people from all over the world. I swapped a siggie with Mary but it probably won't be something that I will do. At least not for now.
Oh, wow! Those are REALLY cute! What a keepsake those will be.
What a wonderful world of quilting blogs this is, huh? to think of meeting people all over the world to share siggies with, and end up with a beautiful friendship quilt...mighty powerful!
thanks for sharing with us!
Both are lovely enrichment for your collection
Have a nice day
Rena
Micki,
Aren't those just the cutest siggys?? I have been following your siggy blocks for some time and think they are going to make a delightful quilt or?? I just enjoy it all.
Maggey
And have you ever begun a snail-mail correspondence with one of these lovely people?
I don't exchange 'things,' but I do try to write letters. Well, sad to say, my correspondence has been slack this summer - but... It will resume, I hope, come cooler weather.
Aunt Amelia
How interesting about the siggies! I never would have guessed. What a fun quilt that will make! How many do you need altogether? And what do you put in the middle of your siggies? (I guess I might know if I had been paying better attention...)
Two more great siggies. I agree that the letters that accompany the blocks are so enjoyable!
Post a Comment