A lot of people have asked me what dies I am getting. Well, I finally decided on the following dies: Dresden, apple core, and tumbler dies. You can see all the dies that are available at AccuQuilt here. These are all the quilts I have always wanted to do, but just didn't get to them, as I didn't want to cut out all the shapes. I was going to get the 2 and a half inch strip cutter die, but Kelly from IHAN recommended very gently that cutting strips was rather easy, so maybe I should get a die that was hard to cut with a rotary cutter. Thinking about what she said, I then said to myself, "She is right." I then called Carolyn Robinson from AccuQuilt, and I told her I wanted the tumbler die instead of the strip cutter. She was so gracious and sweet. It is a pleasure to deal with AccuQuilt!I then got some help about the GO from two good friends, Barb from Bejeweled Quilts and Darlene from Insights from SewCalGal.
Thanks for answering all of my questions about the GO!
Thanks for answering all of my questions about the GO!Finally, I got in touch with Kelly again and said that I was going to buy from her the circle dies and the rag square in 8 and a half inches. She jokingly said, "You are becoming an AccuQuilt junkie." I had to laugh, because that kind of addiction is ok by me. Kelly was so helpful, and if you haven't been to her blog, you really have to visit. She is checking out if the two dies I want and possibly the book called Quilting with the GO can fit into a large global priority envelope.
Anyways, I am still over the top with all of this! Joe said that I was so excited that I was going to dream about it, and guess what, I did! LOL I will be using the circle die for the circle quilt. How easy it will be to cut 63 circles with that die! Now that rag square die is so neat. It cuts the square with the ragged edges...how utterly neat is that! I will make that quilt now with lots of wonderful flannel fabrics from The Fat Quarter Shop.
Thanks to you all for all of your congratulations!You have all been so kind! Barb told me that winning the GO was just what I needed to turn my luck around. I do believe that is true. Thanks to all and enjoy your evenings!
27 comments:
I have to say that I love the strip cutters. Yes it it "easy" to cut strips but it is very time consuming and I am not nearly as accurate.
I wouldn't attempt to cut apple cores for a big quilt without a die (which I don't have at this time)
I know you will just love the Go!
I'm with you Micki. How would you choose? Everytime I enter a giveaway for a Go I change my mind on which dies I'd want.
This is definitely a good thing, Micki, and just at the right time for you. Have fun!
You are going to have so much fun! And Kelly is THE best. She is helpful and sweet. And funny too :-)
I'm so excited for you and excited to see what good things you'll be up to!
Could we call it the "luck of the Irish"? It will be so much fun to see your creations. When does the new baby arrive?
It is so nice to read how excited you are Micki. I would be too. Yes that is a great idea to get hard to cut dies. I had thought about strips but they are easy to cut.So it was good you changed your mind.
Sounds like good choices to me; Dresden is one of my favorite patterns! You are just going to have all kinds of fun, aren't you?
With every competition I too change my mind about the dies! but my choice of the strip remains.
Oh you know I am on cloud nine with you.....and Kelly is the best!
Wonderful choices. Looking forward to seeing what you create with them.
Wow, wow, wow. I am so happy for you! They could not have chosen a nicer blog to honor than yours. You have to check out the new mini dies that are coming out next month. I am in love with the mini tumbler. I have the circles, and have collected a big stack that I am going to raw edge applique onto a piece of spotted fabric. I've cut all of my shirts into tumblers and tidied all of my stash using the die that comes with the cutter. It is so much fun to have a new and nifty tool to play with. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine.
aaahhhhh...the luck of the Irish!
Congrats girl!
Oh my gosh Micki, YES, I can hear you all the way from Ireland!!.. and I am SO-ooo EXCITED for you!!! Congrats on winning this wonderful prize, and I can hardly wait to see all the beautiful things you make with it!! ((big hugs)) ~tina
You will have so much fun with the cutter! My friend Jeanne bought one and she has the fringed die and loves it. It gets pretty tiresome clipping all those seams by hand lol. I chipped in to buy the 2.5 inch strip cutter so I could use it too. I don't know about everyone else but I find that when I cut a lot of 2.5 inch strips with a rotary cutter that somehow I get off a little and have to trim the fabric again before cutting more strips lol.
AWWWWHHH! My dear friend - I am so thrilled that you have such exciting news! I wonder if you will be so "overwhelmed " with possibilities and dreams" - OR- just bust out having a creative frenzy. LOL
Looking forward to all the fun.
hugs, Linda
Congratulations! Good for you. Hope you are having a beautiful October way over there in the Emerald Isle!
COngraqtulation on the wining, and have a nice weekend. Loredana.
Congratulations Micki! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful things you make with your dies. I'm sure you make some wonderful things during the winter months ahead. I hope you are having a good week.
MICKI DEAREST! Oh now go and get your boots and dance it up!!!! Thank you for coming and you have made my day dubbing me AUDREY INCARNATE! teeeeheeeee!!!
Love to you out there in IRELAND! WOO HOOO...wish I could visit you.
Keep quilting! Anita
Congratulations, Micky, you have been really lucky. I'm so happy for you. The GO is something special and I've to confess that it's a dream for me too. I've known it thanks to our friend Joanne. Even the baby GO would be perfect for me!!! Let us know about your new handmade, once you have your go. Take care, Clara.
What girl doesn't love such a wonderful accessory! Have fun! Ann :-)
I would be on cloud nine also, congratulations on your win
Hugs Janice
Please keep us up to date with how you get on--cottonreel
congratulations with your Go. I would love to have the go *sigh*
I certainly can't blame you for being excited. I would be in a dither trying to decide which dies to choose. I can't wait to see what you make with it.
I think you made a very smart choice with your dies Micki! I can imagine how excited you are to dream about it! :) I think Barb is right and your luck is changed now! :)
Post a Comment