Sunday, October 31, 2010

November Star

I would love to introduce you to my friend Zlaty, who now lives in my homestate of PA. She is expecting a baby, and she loves quilting. You can visit her blog at Zlaty Sews. Now, just sit back, have a cuppa, and enjoy her interview. I am presenting it today, as tomorrow, I will be leaving very early for the hospital. Please do visit Zlaty, you won't regret it...she is a sweetheart and such a talented lady.

Interview:

Name: My Name is Zlatka Boyd but people call me Zlaty. In Bulgarian my name means "golden".

A Bit About Me: I was born in Bulgaria, but I live in PA, USA now. I am expecting my first child in January. Before moving to the US, I graduated from a clothing design school in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. After moving here, I learned about quilting from my mother-in-law and now its my passion! I recently published my first quilting design, "Candy Table Runner".

What Inspires Me: I am inspired by nature. I always take my camera with me when I go for my daily walks and when I travel. My favorite outdoor scenery is by the ocean.

What I Love To Do Most Creatively: I love to quilt, what a surprise! ;-)

My Favorite Fabric and Designer: I love bright fabrics and don't really have a favorite designer. If I had to pick one, I would say I am fond of Heather Bayley's fabric.

UFO I Intend To Finish: I am working right now on a binding for a baby quilt I am going to use as a wall hanging for the nursery. Of course, I have several projects in the works. Currently, I have a blue and yellow quilt on my quilting frame.

What's on the Design Wall:Nothing right now.I'm working to finish a couple of projects, so I am concentrating on quilting some of the quilt tops I have done.

Who Would I Love to Meet:I would love to meet some of my blogging friends!

If I Had One Wish: I would wish that my family could live close by. I miss them often.

Plans for the Future:Having my baby; the sooner, the better! :-) I plan to design & publish more quilting patterns in the near-future.
Thank you!

What a nice interview Zlaty and thanks so much for being such a special star!!! I know everyone will love seeing the pics of your work.








19 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Her quilts are beautiful and she does wonderful work.
I know when I was having my son, I started making a lot of things for him and the house.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

All of these quilts are absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed your interview too. I hope you have a lovely week.

Quiltingranny said...

Amazing and beautiful work! Oh, I wish I were so talented!

Unknown said...

I met Zlaty........and she is a amazing person. I love her.
Her first pattern is so great. It is simple but it looks reals complicated lol. Can't wait to get more pattern designed by her.
And Micki, I would love to met you too. It would be wonderful if we 3 will met
Hope everything goes well with you
Hugs Gunda

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank your once again for a wonderful interview! Lovely to see Zlatly's projects and I hope that one day her family will live closer to her!

Susan In Texas said...

What lovely work! Thanks for visiting my blog, Micki. I've taken such a long break from blogging that it's really nice to get feedback so quickly. 8)

Susan in Texas

Anonymous said...

I hope it goes well tomorrow...will be thinking of you.
Karen at Sew Many Ways is having a baby shower for Zlaty! check out her blog....I think it is delightful...we are honored to share in her joy of the new little one's arrival. ;) fondly, Sandy

Zlaty said...

Thank you for the honor of picking me Micki!

Isn't the blogging community so wonderful! Everybody is so nice! Thank you for taking the time to do such a nice post! I will be thinking about your appointment tomorrow and sending you positive energy!

Hugs,
Zlaty

Gene Black said...

Zlaty does very nice work. I love the candy table runner and the coffee quilt. Especially the BRIGHT coffee quilt.

JJ said...

Thank you for the introduction. I love hearing peoples stories. Hopefully your hospital stay goes well.

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks Micki for another great Star of November. I have often see Zlaty's blog and her quilts. I'm to get to know her a bit more - Hugs Nat

Pat said...

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow, Micki. I am hoping someday to meet Zlaty when I go to PA.

webbsway said...

I loved your star of the month. She is so young and talented.

You mentioned Dresden plates - somewhere this past week somebody took that design and turned it into table mats .

I hope you get some Good News tomorrow at the doctors! I will keep you in my prayers.It certainly seems that you have the "Luck of the Irish" But the challenges of life!

I would say that you have to go to the doctor -but - I AM GLAD that I have had the chance to meet you and that because of you -you inspire people to reach for their dreams.
Hugs

Hands Sew Full said...

I really like the candy table runner! It is so cute!

Colleen Barnett said...

Micki, good luck with your hospital visit today. Sending you lots of positive energy for a speedy recovery!

xxxxx

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

what a great idea this interview!
thx for introducing us :)
and all the very best on the hospital trip ... prayers go with you my friend!

Carin said...

It was fun to read the interview and what a beautiful things she made. Now I'm of to visit her blog.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Good luck with your hospital stay. My prayers are with you.
Wonderful work by your "feature" artist as well. thanks for the introduction.
Carline

Millie said...

Zlaty's quilts are beautiful and she is such a pretty person inside and out. Good luck tomorrow with the trip to the hospital, Micki.