Monday, October 18, 2010

Some Nice Surprises

I got a package in the mail from the International Friendship Quilters Group . That is the group where I am a guardian angel for anyone who becomes ill or is having problems. I love being a guardian angel. Anyways, I got a set of handmade coasters, a lovely card, chocolate which Joe enjoyed, and a fancy spoon from Australia. How nice is that! Someone was my guardian angel this time. As to my legs, I am wearing support bandages on both legs. They seem to be very prone to injury, so I am very careful. I have to build up the muscle around my knees, and that will take time.

Next, I found out from Wendy from Why Knot Quilt that I won a really cute pincushion in the Fall to Fall Quilters Giveaway.
I do thank you Wendy, and you did not know it, but I am big time into pincushions.
Then, I found out that I won another prize from the Fall to Fall Quilters Giveaway...Thearica from Pigtales and Quilts emailed me that I won her prize which was a shelf sitter. Now, I know what it is, but it will be a surprise as to what it looks like. Thanks so much!
Finally, the mailman brought me the package that was sent from Kelly from IHAN. Her customer service is second to none, and I was thrilled to receive both the circle die and The Quilting with the GO book. I had a good read today, and I saw a Dutch Quilt I will make one day....The book has some wonderful ideas and patterns in it.
That was my Monday...filled with some nice surprises. We also had a very stormy, cool day here in Dunfanaghy, so all the surprises brought me a bit of sunshine.

25 comments:

cottonreel said...

Gosh !!christmas every day-----------cottonreel

Villa-loredana said...

As always the present the gift on the right adress, congratulation. Loredana

Cheryl said...

You seem to be very lucky! Should take a trip to Vegas :O) Hope the knees get stronger.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!!!!

Unknown said...

Micky, your post sounds like Christmas in October. Love to read that
Hugs Gunda

Anonymous said...

Lucky you and such wonderful gifts. Enjoy!

Needled Mom said...

You have really had nice mail lately. How fun.

Yes...you take care with those legs!!!

Unknown said...

What wonderful surprises to receive in the mail, definitely like Christmas is October!
Some how I missed you were having problems with your knees, warm healing hugs to you and the patience to work on strengthening them!

Mama Pea said...

Wow! That is great! I had a week like that a few weeks ago. I won a couple of prizes in one week (which is highly unusual...I never win anything)! I am so happy for you!

Liz said...

Your postman was very busy Micki and you'll be busy now with all the lovely things to make with your GO...
Lizzie
xxx

Mystica said...

I do hope your legs improve rapidly and waiting to see your projects.

Melissa ;-) said...

Lots of goodies! And I was wondering about that book. You'll have to share with us what you think!

Julia said...

Congrats Micki...it's lovely to see you having some luck..
Take care of those legs, hope your getting stronger everyday..
Julia ♥

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki...that luck is certainly with you...Congratulations on the stash...Dzintra♥x

Barb said...

wow, what fun surprises you got in the mail...sure makes you feel better...

Lois said...

You are on a very lucky streak at the moment Micki and well deserved.
Hugs
Lois

Gene Black said...

I love a good mail day. Today I only got a bill. (sigh) Tomorrow is another day!.

Ps...Kelly at IHAN does give great customer service!

Tracey said...

What a wonderful lot of gifts,

Take care,
Tracey

x

Quiltaholic said...

WOOO HOO! Congrats on all your wins! TOLD YA! LOL! *HUGS* Share some pics of the out-of-doors so I can live vicariously through you and enjoy the weather and a nice fire?! PULEEEEEEEEZE?! *on knees, hands folded, groveling* LOL!

Terri said...

I have been considering getting a go machine how do you like yours? They look like a lot of fun I just cant handle that price tag just for convienace. I guess I am to old school :)

Shelly said...

Wow, so many surprises in one day! Quilters give and get surprises and love, don't we?

Hands Sew Full said...

Wow what a great day! Just like Christmas. It is nice when there are angels among us. I hope the knees recover completely and you are back in action soon. Loved hearing John Denver's "Annie" on your blog when I visited today, (so did my hubby!) That was what I walked down the isle to at our wedding!

Tara said...

Fun goodies! Take care of yourself Anushka!

Siobhán said...

What wonderful gifts! I hope your legs continue to improve.

Maggi said...

Lovely gift from one Guardian Angel to another. Congratulations on all you wins - your luck has obviously not deserted you.