My GO and the three dies are in transit...how exciting is that! Carolyn Robinson from AccuQuilt sent me a link by email so that I can track the GO, and right now, it is in Cologne, Germany.I am so excited! Well, if the package is in Germany, it is pretty close to Ireland, so I will be getting it soon....the site is saying Friday.
Also in transit from IHAN are a circle die set and the Quilting With the GO book, but my feeling is the GO will beat that delivery.
Both Carolyn from AccuQuilt and Kelly from IHAN have been amazing and both provided such wonderful customer service. I couldn't be dealing with nicer people!
I have also began to order what I need to make the demos for you and here is the itinerary for them:
1. I will be showing how I cut 63 circles for my circle quilt with the circle die, and then you will see the process of the quilt. I was going to cut them out myself individually and hand sew them,but this will be so much quicker. Remember, I have luscious 1930's fabrics for that quilt.
2. With the Dresden dies, I will be making two pillow cases using the 1930's fabrics to match the quilt. I can predict what Joe will say..."These pillowcases are just too pretty to lie down on." LOL The demo will show you how I cut the dresdens quickly...can't imagine that...but I know I will with the GO.... and then show you how to make the Dresdens, in case someone out there is not sure how to do it.
3. A real quickie demo....A tumbler lap quilt for Joe to sit with, as during the winter, it should be so cozy. I am thinking of using pretty flannel fabrics from The Fat Quarter Shop....mmmm, that's an idea. I can't imagine cutting tumblers out quickly...that's the main reason I never made a tumbler quilt before.
4. Finally, I have a bit of a surprise.. I worked with EQ6 and came up with a really neat African Quilt pattern that I made...I will be using the Drunkard's Path dies for that in 7 inches, and found a great place in the UK to buy the fabrics called The African Shop. It will be a winner, so wait for this demo at a later time. It is an exciting pattern...Love EQ!
Well, that is the latest news...I am waiting, and I will keep you updated as to where my GO is...It's on a long voyage, but it soon will be home with me. Now, I just have to name it.... a nice Irish name for sure, and by the way, it is a girl.
This is definitely the nicest thing that has happened to me this year, and you all know what a hard year I had medically...just what the doctor ordered....a bit of happiness goes a long way.
19 comments:
So glad that you will be receiving your GO! soon, can't wait to see your demos!
Good for you, Micki. Can't wait to see the results.
Wow ... you have so many plans !!! I'm currently playing nurse for DH who had a knee surgery so not much sewing or stitching here :-)
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and progress!
Oh wonderful. I can't wait to see you get started with the GO! Pairing it with EQ is also fun. I have EQ5 and I draw out the blocks often combining shapes from two or three dies.
I am sure you will have a blast playing with the possibilities.
So close and yet so far... won't be long now!
wow...you really have plans for the GO....you will be happy with it...
Yo, Micki! Philly checking in this morning, and it appears you have a lot to look forward to these days.
Looking forward to your results!
I'm so thrilled you won the Acu Quilt -- I've been eyeing one of those for a while now. I don't really NEED one, of course, and they are pricy, but very, very sexy! Looking forward to seeing your African design as well.
Micki, loved reading this post. So glad you are excited about receiving your GO. Looking forward to seeing all your progress.
You are going to love your GO, We all know what YOU will be doing this weekend! Can't wait to see what your create!
Micki your GO! and dies are traveling more then most of us will ever travel :-) Have fun and enjoy your new tool (toy )
How fun...Friday....hope your weeks goes fast. You certainly have alot of plans when it arrives and I can't wait to see them all!
Sounds like you will be having all kinds of fun with the new GO!
I am waiting to see whats going to happen once the GO lands (apart from these that you are talking about on this post)!!!
Wow, Micki, your african quilt sounds very exciting, can't wait for that!
don't you just love getting stuff in the mail? I sure do!
Your tutorials sounds great, Micki. Can't wait to see the African pattern and fabrics.
WOW! I can't wait to see all your projects in progress. Inspiration and exciting new "toys" to play with are a wonderful way to roll through the end of the year.
Post a Comment