Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Pillowcases in Progress and Some News





As you know, I am decorating our bedroom. I decided to make new pillowcases for our bed. I took the pattern from the first Quilt Mavens book , which is all paper piecing, and it is called The Rise and Shine Pillowcase. You can see the pic of the pattern.


I am using different fabrics from what you see in the original pattern. As you know,I received two yards of Kings Road Belle Fabric from Robyn as a winner of her giveaway, so I decided to use that fabric for the pillowcases, as the colours match perfectly to our decor in the bedroom.

Here are the fabric choices that I am using. I did one of the suns already, but I need to complete three more suns, which are all paper pieced. I ordered some more 0f the main fabric, as I intend to make a quilt from it to complete the ensemble. I love the rich reds and pinks.









Today, Joe and I went to Letterkenny, as my dental appointment was changed, and I stopped by the thrift store to try to get a storage unit. I saw this adorable teddy bear with patches on it, and I couldn't resist buying him. He was only 3 euro, and he is in perfect condition. I called him Patches, and he is now sitting happily in our living room.



Well, I did have some bad news today. I had an appointment with the doctor as my ear was all swollen...I look a bit like Dumbo on one side of my face. I suspected that I was bit by a bug, but I just wanted to check it out, as my gland was swollen and hurting me too. The doctor said that it was a bug bite that initially caused the problem, but now I had an infection which was causing the swelling on my ear and my gland. He gave me antibiotics, but he wants to see me tomorrow, as he is thinking to send me to the hospital as there I would receive antibiotics through the IV. That I did not expect. I see my doctor tomorrow at 10 AM. If you don't hear from me for a day or two, you will know that I am in the hospital. Cross your fingers for me!

Dumbo, signing off

18 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

WOW!! That is terrible.. Wishing you the best and hope the meds work..You will be in my thoughts
Hugs
Maggey

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki, What bad luck. Hope you're soon fit again. Ros x

Unknown said...

oh my, I certainly hope these antibotics work and you don't have to visit the hospital. then again, if you do, you know you'll be better and much faster with an iv.

Nedra said...

oh Micki,
I'm sending lots of prayers your way and hope you don't have to go to the hospital. All that from a bug bite!

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I hope you don't have to go to the hospital. Take some handwork if you do, you'll probably get very bored :)

marina said...

Sad to hear you may have to go to hospital. fingers crossed that you don't. Take something to do so it won't be a waste of time lol.
Be thinking of you
Marina

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, my thought will be with you and hope you have quick recovery. Good luck - Nat

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Best of luck with that ear. -sigh- I hope the antibiotics work quickly. And all will be fine soon.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

scraphappy said...

Oh my goodness. I guess you are glad now that you went in. I hope it all turns out well. It is so frighting to think of how such a simple thing as a bug bight can get so complicated. The paper pieced pillow case will be lovely. I hope it's not the kind that you sleep on, but just the decorative one that sits on top during the day. It will be far too pretty to put your head on every night.

Sue said...

Oh no! I hope you are better very soon. I'm thinking of you and sending healing across the world

Laurie said...

Oh, you poor thing -- who would have thought a bug bite would cause such a big problem! Take good care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki, that was unexpected with you a speedy recovery...warm regards lyn

Cattinka said...

Of course I will cross my fingers for you. Hope everything turnes out well and you don´t have to go to the hospital, if you have to go, take patches with you, he will keep you good company!
Best wishes
KATRIN W.

Searchfamilies said...

Hi Micki
I hope that you don't have to be admitted to hospital & that you soon be over it you take care of yourself, by the way the bear is great you have something to take in with you if you do have to go in lol
Hugs Janice

Corryna said...

Hello Micky,
I hope your ear will be fine in a short time. It is so nice to meet you in blogland. I will check out your blog too.

Groetjes
Corryna

a good yarn said...

Heavens above Micki! Who would have thought that a bug bite would cause such a reaction. Take things easy and get well soon. Patches is just adorable. Ann :)

rockgranny said...

Hi Micki,

if you ever asked yourself who was visiting your blog from Croatia, here is the answer.Several times before I had plans to write you, but now I had to thank you for giving Patches his new home.He really looks happy and I'm sure you both are going to have good time together.
Hugs,
Simona aka Rockgranny

Chris H said...

Patches is very cute.
Bugger about the infection!