Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Dreaded Shingles.

This is Joe, Micki's husband...Micki has had a reoccurance of shingles and is confined to bed. She had an infection in her head that spread to her glands. The doctor put her on antibiotics and the side effects of these are far from pleasant. She will not be posting until she feels better.

66 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh no! Poor Micki! Feel better very soon, dear!

Jocelyn said...

Please let Micki know that we are thinking of her. I hope she will be feeling better very soon.

Nancy M. said...

I hate to hear that! I hope she feels better soon!

Annika said...

Oh, give her the warmest hug!

Carol said...

Well that's an unfortunate turn of events. Love and hugs from all of us. Hope everything gets better soon.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Micki.. I am so sorry to hear this. A prayer has already been said for you from over my way, and I hope you're feeling better real soon!.. ((hugs)) ~tina

Patty said...

Feel better soon Micki.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, Micki, get to feeling better!!!

Nedra said...

Our prayers are with you Micki for a speedy recovery!

Poppyprint said...

Thanks for letting us know, Joe. That's terrible news. Shingles..poor Micki. Best wishes for a quick turn around...I hope she'll be back to enjoying your daily walks and paper piecing very soon. - Krista

Marie said...

Thank you Joe for letting us know about Micki. Giarlfriend feel better soon,get plenty of rest and whatever it takes do it because we want you well. Prayers and hugs, Marie

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Joe...
Please tell Micki that I will be praying for her. Please tell her I am sending her warm sunshine rays through the computer. Please give her a BIG hug for me. I pray that she will be feeling better soon. Thank you Joe for posting for us.

Country hugs sweetie and so much love...Sherry

free indeed said...

Hope the meds are effective and you'll be up and going again soon. Rest well!
Shelley

Soggibottom said...

Please send her all our love and get well soon .
x x x

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks for letting us now Joe! I know first hand antibiotics are getting you down and I hope they help soon and Micki is feeling better soon! Please give her all my good wishes, healing thoughts are winging over the sea to you both. Keep us up to date with how things are going!

Chris H said...

Thanks for the update Joe.
Micki I hope you are up and about again real soon.. and the pain is under control.

Tara said...

Oh Micki, I do hope you heal quickly and feel better soon. You are in my thoughts and thank you Joe for the news, you are a good lad for filling in for your lady!

Anonymous said...

Feel better, Micki!

Cleary (Cie) said...

Oh, I hope she is feeling better soon. My Mom had them and I know how painful that can be, sending prayers and a bigg hugg her way.
Huggs,
Cleary

Holly Days Closet said...

Oh my your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Holly

retdairyqueen said...

Oh poor girl Shingles are so painful I feel for her
A big hug coming to both of you
Hugs

Pat said...

Oh, poor Micki. I've not had them but know of several who have had shingles and have been in excruciating pain. Because of that, the MINUTE I turned 60, I got the vaccine for it. I hope she feels better soon. Please add my name to the list of people who are thinking good thoughts for her!

marina said...

Hope you recover quickly! Take it easy...
hugs
Marina

KQ Sue said...

Feel better soon Micki!

SewCalGal said...

Joe - thank you for letting us know about our dear friend Micki!

Micki - I hope you feel better very, very soon. Rest & get well. Hugs, big hugs!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mrs Quilty said...

Thanks to Joe for letting us know! Shingles is the worst! I've had them! I'm so sorry! Lots of hugs for Micki!

Shirley said...

Oh dear! I hope she feels better soon.

PurestGreen said...

Get well soon, Micki!

Laurie said...

How awful, Micki! I'm glad you're taking care of it right away and I hope to see you back and better very, very soon.

Liz said...

Sending all my love Micki. Take the drugs, stay in bed and be well cared for by your lovely Joe!
Lizzie
XXX

Needled Mom said...

Those are downright NASTY!!!! Please tell her that we all wish her a speedy recovery.

andsewon said...

Oh bless her heart...give her my get well wishes.
Hope it is sooner than later too.
Hugs,
Lola

Anonymous said...

Feel better Micki! Love and prayers from me! Meagan

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Joe...thanks so much for letting us know...I know how Micki feels as I have had them...rest up Micki...I know you are in the best of care by your Anam Cara...Prayers...Love and Hugs to you from us all...Dzintra♥x

Gene Black said...

Oh that is so awful!

Joe, take care of her, as I know you will and tell her we are thinking of her.
I am sending prayers also.

Fee said...

Please send her my love and I hope she recovers quickly XXX

nutmegg said...

Oh no!!! Poor Micki,please give her my best Aussie wishes and for her to get well soon...xoxoxo

Maggey and Jim said...

OH NO,, So sorry to hear that.. She is getting prayers from here and I am sure lots of people will pray too.She will really be missed,, Give her my best.
Hugs,
Maggey

Lurline said...

Lots of love and hugs to Micki - please keep us up to date Joe!
Lurline♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Feel better soon Micki! I hear shingles are bad enough on their own and you're loaded up with other stuff too.

Miriam said...

Ohh dear!!! I hope Micki is up and about very soon.
Wishing you a swift recovery, Micki!!!

Wendy said...

So sorry to hear that you have those dreaded shingles. Hope you get to feeling better soon Micki.

Julia said...

Thanks for letting us know, Joe. That's terrible news. Shingles are terrible and painful..please give Micki our best wishes for a quick turn around...
Julia ♥

quiltmom anna said...

Sorry to hear you are still fighting with the shingles- Hope that the antibiotics kick in and have you back feeling your usual sparkling self.
I know that Joe and the boys will be taking good care of you.
Feel better soon, dear friend,
Warmest regards,
Anna

Sue said...

Joe- Thanks for posting and letting us all know about our friend, Micki.

And Micki- you let Joe take good care of you and get all the rest you can. We'll all be happy to hear from you soon- but not until you're ready. We're all thinking of you!

Sue said...

Poor Micki, I hope she's feeling better soon. She is lucky to have you Joe to look after her. Take good care of her, she is special.
hugs from Sue

Mama Spark said...

Oh dear! Thanks for letting us know. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

SheilaC said...

Prayers and hugs flying their way to Micki's bedside!

Shingles are the worst....take good care of her and let her know we miss her.

SheilaC

Greg said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.Know that good thoughts and prayers are being sent your direction.

Unknown said...

Oh Micki, I hope you recover soon! Joe will take good care of you!

HUGS!

Zlaty said...

Oh Micki, I hope you recover soon! Joe will take good care of you!

HUGS!

P.S. The comment above from Scot is from me, i was sign in with my husband username, funny isn't it!

Judy S. said...

Bummer! Take care, Micki, and feel better real soon. Thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts your way. Hugs too.

webbsway said...

O Micki !
I am soooo terribly sorry! I hope you recover quickly so you can spread more of your charm upon us.
Thank you so much - Joe - for letting all of us know! I will put both of you in my prayers tonight too! At least that is one thing you can never have too much of!
Hugs to both of you!

Marlene said...

Thanks for letting us know Joe. Please give her big hugs and lots of best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Dear Micki, be assured our thoughts and prayers are with you, Get well soon, we will be missing you

Annelies said...

I wish you a very speedy recovery Micki !!

Cattinka said...

Get better soon.
KATRIN W.

Jane said...

Oh poor Micki, I hope you feel better soon. hugs xxx

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Joe, thanks for letting us know of Micki. Please give her my big hugs and hope she feels better soon. You keep well please for Micki - Hugs to both - Nat

Michaela (thequiltingpenguin) said...

Get well soon, Micki!
sending many hugs from Vienna
Michaela

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I am sending you cyber hugs and good thoughts to get well very very soon!!
dawn

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you Joe, for posting this!

We are so sorry for Micki, but so glad to know what's going on.

I'm sure you're taking good care of her, and hope she's much better, soon.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Joanne Lendaro said...

Thanks for letting us know about Micki, Joe. Let her know that we all miss her very much! Get better soon, shingles are the pits!

Mel said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!

Dear Micki - I'm sending hugs and prayers!

Take good care of her Joe - I know you will!!

Searchfamilies said...

Hope you will be better soon
Hugs Janice

The French Bear said...

Oh dear Micki, get better soon!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B