Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Surfing on the Net and Joining Fever

I had a fever today, some chills, and I basically sat in my lounge chair all covered up with that velvety electric throw that I have mentioned so many times. Thus, no sewing for me. I am feeling better, but as a result, I was surfing the net, and found a BOM to join at Stitchin' Heaven. First of all look at all of the BOMS they have. If you want to join a BOM, you will find one there. Look at the list! The BOM that I joined is called Dancing with the Stars . Isn't it colorful? Carol Doak made it exclusively for Stitchin' Heaven, and yes it is all paper pieced.....Right up my alley!

Then, I decided to join the Fat Quarter Shop Batik Club. Yes, I will be getting 12 batik fat quarters a month. How fun is that! The first fat quarter packet that I will receive will be Autumn Sun....Love the colours!


Then, I was blogging, and saw that Heidi is having a Friday Night Sew In, and I joined that too. I thought it would be fun, and so with my cuppa coffee, I will sew a bit and share with you what I made the next day. It will be fun seeing what everyone created . The fever that I had must have been a "joining " fever, because I was on a roll there.

I also got four siggies in the mail.One was from Maria in Australia. Is the Koala fabric out of this world and her embroidery work in the centre just fabulous? I also got a siggy from Mary, who lives in California. The palm tree was just so cute! Then Andrea from Germany sent me a wonderful siggy with a castle and trees in the centre...just lovely!Finally, Ludy from the Netherlands sent me the cutest block with an angel in the centre. Boy, am I getting the cutest siggies! Thanks to everyone! I am going to have a very pretty quilt!

That was my day...no sewing or work with my miniature, but I was still busy with the joining fever. Gee, maybe getting sick isn't all that bad when you spend it comfy in a chair and online surfing the net and conniving to one's heart content.LOL

42 comments:

Nanbon44 said...

isn't surfing the net just the best fun you can have in your PJs. I surf all the time and I find wonderful things too, just have to watch the spending. I noticed that you are from my home state, I am from Lancaster, PA but now live in Florida. I cross stitch and am a new quilter, I also do all kinds of other crafts.Bonnie

Jocelyn said...

I hope that you are feeling better Micki. Some days we just need to enjoy doing just what you did.

marina said...

sounds like feeling sick can be quite dangerous for you, you end up with lots of new projects from the net.
I must admit I love to get lost on the net.There are so many things to see!
Hope you are feeling better.
Marina

Pat from Florida said...

That BOM is so bright! Just like your favorite fabrics! You'll love it and I can't wait to see your results.

I've done several BOMs with Stitchin' Heaven. They are great!

Jane said...

Hope you are feeling better. Those siggie blocks are great, you must tell me more about them and how to make some. Hugs xxx

Barb said...

Hi Micki, hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Sending hugs, Barb ♥

PurestGreen said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Poppyprint said...

That's a very productive sick day, indeed! That BOM is going to be a stunner for sure.

Kaaren said...

Gosh, Micki...I hope I don't catch your fever...the "joining" fever, i.e. Time is short as it is but maybe I'll just have to go and check out...NO! I won't! (wink)

Hope you're feeling better...but then again, maybe you want this fever to continue, huh? (double wink)

Lurline said...

Oooh, hope you are feeling better, that fever dould be sorse than swine flu - very expensive!!!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Julia said...

Well at least you had fun surfing the net, Micki..all those lovely projects for when your feeling better...
Julia ♥

Becky said...

Take care of yourself! A day or two resting may be just what you need. Glad to see that you are finding wonderful projects on the net. Great new projects!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Mikki, I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you had a great day even though you felt poorly. Isn't it amazing at how FAST you can do/join/buy things on the internet? But it sure is fun! :)

Barb said...

I am just sitting here laughing at you...all the things you joined and brought...

It is so tempting to do that and I do do that....are we bad or what? Is it a sickness?

Hope you are feeling better!!

Maggey and Jim said...

Hi Micki,
So sorry to hear that you've been under the weather but you certainly didn't let that stop you.. You go girl!!I am glad you are better and got to join so many different things..It will keep you busy till we get some decent weather.
Hugs.
Maggey

Unknown said...

Micki you crack me up!! It is unbelievable how we can have a seat at the computer and all of a sudden we get so excited buying and joining and commenting~good times!! Hope you feel better before you spend the grocery money on fat quarters!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Hope you feel better after surfing the net. Yes, I signed up for the Friday Night Sew-in too. Looking forward to it - Hugs Nat

Soggibottom said...

Busy lady you will have to get chills more often ha ha....
x x x

SewCalGal said...

Micki, Sorry to hear you caught a chill. I too hope your time resting, keeping warm & surfing the net will help ensure your chill is only a chill and you don't get sick! But it sounds like you went off on a research project and came back with some terrific insights. Love them all. And I love the Batik Club at the Fat Quarter Shop. Yummy.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Greg said...

Nice FQ's. Good luck on the BOM... Hope you feel better quick... Spring is almost here!!!

Pat said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better. You probably shouldn't be sick too often or you will find yourself joining more things than you can possibly finish!!! LOL

SheilaC said...

So sorry you are sick!! But isn't joining addictive?
I joined several things too (UFO challenge, OPAM Challenge, ps i quilt pinwheels....) but now I think I have to stop!

Hehehe

SheilaC
There are a few free BOM links on my blog if you are looking for more....

Judy S. said...

Hope you're feeling much better by now, Micki. I guess you'll need to rest up for all those new projects?

Tara said...

I am sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I feel your pain, as I am just getting over two bad colds in a row. Enjoy your time away from the needle and playing on the computer and I hope you are on the mend FAST!

Annelies said...

I hope you will soon feel better !
You have received lovely siggies.

Searchfamilies said...

Hope you feel better today, for someone who sick you still managed to do a lot lol it can be deadly surfing the net with what you find & then want lol take care
Hugs Janice

Heckety said...

Golly you've been busy- and going to be busyier yet!!!

Bia, from Brazil said...

Hope you´re feeling better and ready to tackle the fever inspired projects.

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki,

Thanks for your kind words on my smocked birthday dress.

Wow - Carol Doak's BOM is stunning! It looks like you are going to be kept busy... ;)

Happy Stitching.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Feel better quickly!! Thinking of you!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Quick! Get better!

Says the "Carpel Tunnel Impaired Reader"...

andsewon said...

Hope you feel better soon..Hey seems you made the best of the SICK DAY...;-)
Hugs,
Lola

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I tend to go into overload mode when I surf the net :) I already have too man WIMH..works in my head . But it sounds like you had fun and I'll look forward to the results. Take care and get better.

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Thank you for your lovely comments, I hope you have a great Friday Sew In!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

MICKI...THA'ts a very productive surfing the net!!! We're all going to have doing the sew in...Dzintra♥x

Anonymous said...

I love to surf the net. I could keep myself busy for hours. I hope you feel better soon.

Colleen Barnett said...

Isn't it nice how positive things always come out of negative? You have had a lovely productive day afterall, haven't you!

Hope you feel better tomorrow, but boy, do you think you should stay off the computer for awhile? lol!

xxx

NikonSniper said...

hey! get well! no more being sick!
nikonsniper steve

webbsway said...

O Dear - I haven't seen your pretty face on here today and knowing that you were sick -worried me.

Looking forward to when you bob to the surface of life again.

Anita said...

Hi Micki, I sure hope you feel better soon. A girl could go mad keeping her hands to herself and not being able to sew or knit! But on the flip side of the coin you found a new project, so it's not all bad. Take care sweet pea. Kind regards, Anita.

a good yarn said...

Oh Micki, take care of yourself until you are over that nasty cold.The net is a treasure chest of good - and especially free - things! Cheers, Ann :-)

Unknown said...

the star quilt is just gorgeous...I havent mastered the art of paper piecing yet....there is time though!