Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It Comes in Threes



You know what they say...Things generally come in threes. Today, I received three parcels in the mail. First of all, I received the doll quilt that I won from Christine's giveaway. It is just so adorable! As you can see, it is very pretty and whimsical. Thanks so much Christine!


Secondly, I got a lovely siggy from Andrea who is from Germany, and what a lovely stitchery she did for me in the centre of the block. It was wonderful Andrea!

Last but not least, my very good friend Mary, who lives in the bush area in NSW, Australia, sent me three siggies that she made. She is not a member of the International Siggy Group, but she was nice enough to make me three siggies to include in my quilt. Her Christmas gift was in the package too. She got me a lovely geisha applique pattern that is huge, as you can see. I will be buying Asian fabrics and applique the geisha. It will fit perfectly on our bedroom door, once I put the borders on it, as it is as long as our door, but more narrow than a quilt. I should have fun with that one.
It snowed a bit here in Dunfanaghy this morning, and needless to say it is still very cold. We put on our boots, and we were able to take our walk, as the snow was not slippy like the icy sidewalks have been. Well, I don't know if this is all due to global cooling, but this winter is really hitting alot of places hard all over the world.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really really cold here too..We had a blizzard for Christmas..Who knew that it would even snow in Texas??!!?? I added your blog button to my blog. Have a great day!

The bike shed said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. My mum is a quilter and sewer and general crafty person -I'm more of a painter and writer, but I appreciate the care and effort that goes into your creations.

Marie said...

Love all your gifts. Glad you were able to get out for your walk. It is rather cold here for us and I am having trouble getting warm. Can't wait to see that Geisha done up. Hugs, Marie

Kath said...

It's snowing again here in Bucks.
I love your geisha, your door hanging will be lovely!

Maggi said...

Lovely gifts Micki. I'm glad your postman was able to get to you, mine was grumbling this morning and the van that delivered some books from Amazon said he only just managed to get up the hill. It only stopped snowing for a couple of hours during the day and is still snowing now.

Jocelyn said...

What sweet gifts :-) We have had very cold weather here in Florida and more to come :-(

Unknown said...

Hello there!
How large should the siggy blocks be?
hugz
Pam
and I love all three!

Heckety said...

How nice to get three packets in the post! Today we had our third postal delivery since Dec 21st as our lane is still very icy.The geisha is very unusual, and lovely!

Anonymous said...

Micki,

You get such GOOD stuff in the mail all the time. I must say I am a bit envious, haha! :)

Thank you for your kind words on my Peppermint smocked bishop.

Happy Stitching! :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Lucky you, the doll quilt is adorable and siggies from Mary are very creative. Keep warm - Nat

Kaye said...

Lucky you, 3 at once, like an extended Christmas, Enjoy

SewCalGal said...

You are very lucky. Such nice gifts too! Enjoy and stay warm & cozy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Lovely parcels you received. I was just watching on the evening news how horribly brutal this winter has been all over the place.....in the U.S.A. and abroad. I hope this isn't going to become a yearly trend!!!

Orcsmom said...

Micki,
I am somewhat new to your blog, so I am sorry if you have been asked this question before, but what is a "siggy"?

Hugs!
Pam

Barb said...

What a wonderful mail day!!!!

Zlaty said...

Congratulations! Have fun with the fabrics and your presents are lovely!

Happy new year!

Mrs Quilty said...

Three packages in the mail in one day? WOW< what a treasure! Your lucky day!! Very nice! Also glad you were able to get out and walk. Makes one feel better after some fresh air even though it's cold air. Wow, that Geisha will be beautiful so be sure and share a pic when you are done...i know, it'll be awhile!! Happy Winter!

Dena said...

Lucky you! What wonderful treasures arriving in your mail. Glad the cold temps are somewhere else this year. Last year we had over 31" of snow and very cold temperatures. Living in Washington, I'm not use to that kind of weather. LOL Stay warm!

Needled Mom said...

I'm thinking that they meant "global cooling" instead of "global warming." Every place seems to be soooooo cold.

Yes, you were definitely blessed three times with your goodies. How fun for you to receive such lovely packages.

Sue said...

Three wonderful gifts- and nobody is more deserving than YOU!

Searchfamilies said...

It so nice receiving packages in the mail be they gifts or stuff you have ordered.
It has started to snow here this morning & is coming down heavy so not sure how much we will get me i am not going anywhere staying in the warm, take care
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Congrats Micki!
These are wonderful gifts.
Enjoy it.
Will wait to see your new 'geisha'
Gina

Loralynn said...

What wonderful things you get in the mail! Almost like Christmas again!

Anonymous said...

I am going to start calling you Lucky Micki. Congrats on the win. The siggies are beautiful.

Willow

Soggibottom said...

Beautiful quilts..lucky lady and beautiful work from the quilters.

Snap with the weather, it's still a novelty down here at the moment...

For the kids.....even the bigger ones who never grow up !
x x x

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Lovely gifts, be careful on the snow. It is really cold here too, we were -33C this morning and didn't warm up much all day.

Annelies said...

We have a lot of snow problems at the moment.
I love the siggies you got.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

believe it or not, but it is really cold here in Dunedin today too!!! Not at all like summer..
Your gifts all look wonderful well done - lucky you huh!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

So glad you are well...and still acquiring wonderful siggies for your quilt. I always enjoy seeing what has come your way.

webbsway said...

O Mikie - such lovely gifts. Beautiful gifts for a beautiful lady.

Thank you for telling us about your weather - I have been dieing to know what it is like over your way and yes, please be careful on your snow. I fell on our ice yesterday and bruised my knee and my Pride.

Shakerwood said...

What lovely gifts from around the world!