Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Little Town Top Finished and Lovely Art Postcards

I finally finished My Little Town paper pieced top, and I am so proud and thrilled that I did!! It now measures 12"x12".If you look at the border, the little corner trees were extra tiny....I was so happy that I could even see them. LOL I will be putting the layers together and machine quilting it over the next day or two and will post the pic. It was quite a challenge, and I have already picked another miniature to do. As you can see, there were lots of points that had to match, besides all the very tiny pieces in each block. Even so they are such fun, and Carol Doak does have such cute miniature patterns in her book. While on the subject of Carol, I just saw her on The Quilt Show, and she was great. She is coming to Ireland for a grand tour of our beautiful country in October of this year, and I hope to meet her.
Also, I received some lovely postcards in the mail from Gene, who is a talented quilter and artist, as you saw when you met him as my Star of the Month. What a lovely surprise and thank you Gene! I sent him a surprise too, but mum is the word.

I just came back from a lovely walk with Joe, and we are ready for a quiet evening.

45 comments:

Carol said...

It looks fabulous. I am definitely impressed that you manages to get that tiny in the corners.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Micki Sweetie...
You did a GREAT job. I love the colors and the trees are so beautiful at the corners, and they show up very well. I love all the little houses. This looks to be very tedious work my friend. You do such beautiful work. You must have a lot of patience.

I can't wait to see what you are up to with your give away. I love surprises.

I pray you have a beautiful evening sweetie. Thanks for sharing your mini quilt today. How very beautiful it is.

Country hugs sweetie and much love...Sherry

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly impressed, Micki! This is so pretty.

quiltmamajb said...

Micki - this is just awesome! So many points......it looks terrific....love the colors! Very nicely done.....piece.

scraphappy said...

Those blocks are amazing. I am imagining that whole quilt fitting into such a tiny space and I am amazed. Good luck with the quilting.

Liz said...

It's just adorable Micki, honestly, I think I'd have to wear TWO pairs of glasses to see that size now. LOL!
Lizzie
XXX

Anonymous said...

Wow the tiny town is so cute. I would not have the patience. Great Job. The postcards are so lovely. What a kind thing for him to do.

Willow

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! LOVE how your quilt top looks!.. BEAUTIFUL pattern, and colors! I'm off to make dinner, but I'm looking forward to a quiet evening too! Last night didn't feel so peaceful, as we were watching the tv show "24". All I'm doing is sitting on the edge of my seat, when I'm watching THAT show! Maybe I better stick to PBS tonight! (0; I hope you're enjoying your evening, and see you again soon! ~tina

Sue said...

Micki, I love that Tiny Town and I think you are just so clever.

Miri said...

Great mini...teeny village! Adorable!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeous town quilt. I love the houses. Such bright colours, I love it - Hugs Nat

Unknown said...

love your little town

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, all those teensy tiny pieces -- congratulations! I love mini-quilts, but have not been brave enough to paper piece one this small with so many pieces!

Jane said...

WOW - your little tow is just amazing. I have no idea how you managed to sew it, I lose larger bits in mr machine, so he would surly gobble up all those teeny tiny houses. It is just beautiful Micki, you must be really proud of it.
Hugs xxx

Julia said...

Gorgeous town quilt Micki,,such tiny pieces..
Julia ♥

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki well done...it is soooo tiny...Dzintra♥x

Poppyprint said...

What a job you did on that mini town. It is really a feat of paper piecing. Well done! I hope you have a mini-iron...otherwise I'm thinking you have some burny fingertips!

Patty said...

Micki, your town house quilt came out great. Gene post card a re beautiful. Both of you are so talented.

SewCalGal said...

Micki,
I love your Little Town quilt. But wow....what a challenge. I'm very impressed. Just wish I could take a class from you on how to make this beautiful quilt. You did a fantastic job. Great design, colors & fabrics.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Lurline said...

You have excelled here, Micki - absolutely unbelievable! Congratulations!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Fantastic, hard to believe it is only 12x12" Great jobe.

Miriam said...

Micki, your little quilt is just soo beautiful!! Its perfect!

I hope you get to meet Carol Doak in person!

Gene Black said...

Micki, I am always amazed at the miniatures. I can't imagine paperpiecing all those tiny bits. YOU did great!

Glad you liked the postcards. I can hardly wait for my surprise.

Pat said...

Micki....it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

SheilaC said...

12" square?!! Amazing! You did an amazing job.... :)

SheilaC

Jackie's Stitches said...

I just love your Little Town Quilt! The red is just perfect to showcase your beautiful miniature paper pieced blocks.

Tracey said...

So cute!! I love it!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Micki, I absolutely love the paper peiced quilt. I want to make one! I have never done paper peicing before but it looks easy. I have nominated for a Lemonade Stand Award! Congrats! You have been a good friend to me and I love your blog!

Mel said...

Your posts read like a comforting novel Micki! I love the charm that exudes from you!!

marina said...

Well done Micki, what an achievement!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that fantastic your Little Town - 12x12 it is small! You have fairy hands! Such an art piece!

Marie said...

It is beautiful all those little pieces. Your work is wonderful thank you for sharing. You certainly are a bundle of encouragement to all who want to learn and do. Have a beautiful day. HUgs, Marie

Nedra said...

Great job on your miniature. It looks challenging!

Needled Mom said...

The mini is just stunning. I love how tiny it is. It would definitely need good eyes.

Your postcards are lovely too. Gene does such nice work.

Maria said...

Oh your tiny town is so cute. How clever to make such a wee quilt.

Cath Ü said...

Mini quilt has turned out lovely... checking to see if I can leave a comment today... wouldn't let me yesterday....
Cath Ü

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smaal quilt, love the colors

Kerrie said...

Beautiful! The post cards are very pretty. Kerrie

Barb said...

I am so sorry, when I was commenting about the lemonade award I skipped over you...I am so glad that you won it, you are very deserving...and a wonderful person and I certainly didn't mean to leave you out. Gene's post cards are amazing!!

Barb said...

Amazing town..you must have alot of patience!!

Maggey and Jim said...

Lucky you, Micki.. the little quilt is so cute and what a lot of work.. Will be wonderful when finished. And those paintings are exquisite...Glad you and Joe are getting out.. Been really foggy and rainy here..
Hugs.
Maggey

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your Little Town. I can't imagine that it is only 12 x 12. You have a lot of patience. Beautiful!

Susan said...

Your miniture town is so cute. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Now we can compare notes and continue together on our miniture quilting journey.
Take care and hugs.

Unknown said...

it turned out wonderful and I love those tiny little trees...they must've been a whole lot of work.......you would think something smaller would be easier, but that isnt always the case...this is going to be my second year in the "one world, one heart......it is pretty fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

It is fun to catch up with you Micki and see your projects and things you have been involved with. Fun fun.